Hamvention 2009

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sharpee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2006
Bristol, PA
Anyone here going to the Dayton Hamvention May 15-17??
This will be my first one. I've been a ham since 2002.
I hope to find some FTA stuff there.

I've wanted to go but never have. Kind of far to travel from here. I'll get there one day, though! Been a Ham since 2003.:)

I would love to go too...one of those "someday" events. It's not really that far from here...7 to 8 hours or so...been a ham for nearly 20 years. I'm going to the Upstate SC hamfest in Spartanburg next Saturday.

I have not made it yet either. When I get my buildings finished and all my dishes up, maybe I will make it. But it will need to be in the middle of trip for something else. Way to long a drive for a buying trip.
Been a ham for ---- 52 years. Did not have enough fingers AND toes to count that high!

I always wanted to go, several guys from around here go every year and I've been invited but something always seems to get in the way, usually its work. One of these years I'll do it.
I"ve been a ham since '96

I wanted to go but with buying a house and all our finances are limited. I have been a ham for about a year now. If anyone has any extra contesting / foxhunting gear they want to get rid of or know of anyone who is willing to donate gear from a ham who has passed and wants to give it to a new ham, please PM me or have them contact me. :) Im looking to get away from the local repeaters and constest, Im also looking to do foxhunting with the local group here as well as packet radio / aprs.

Basically im not picky when it comes to stuff like this and trust me it will be put to good use if not years of use. :)

My wife is coming along with me. We are staying at the KOA campground in a new tent we just purchased. It's going to be like a mini vacation for us. It was her idea because she knows
how much I always wanted to go. Every year I make an excuse not to attend. This year it's a belated birthday present for me. We both love to camp anyways. It will be at least a 10 hour drive from eastern PA......I'm so excited! I have a list of goodies I want to get.
I hope I can find a cheap C Band lnbf. The top of my list is a 2M/440 FM Kenwood xcvr.

My call sign KB3IBT

I drove to the Hamvention a couple of years ago... I spent 2 days walking through the inside displays, and also the flea market outside. Sadoun I believe normally show up at the Hamvention. 2 years ago, they had some great Hamvention deals.

The flea market is a LOT of fun to browse through.

Enjoy yourself! Bring a bunch of cash with you, I'm sure you'll see a few things you want (err. I mean NEED) from the flea market :)

Always wanted to go to something like that but I'd need to plan in adveance..Would probably have to take a Bus to get there. Never been a ham radio operator would like to try to get into it someday..

I had tables at the Toledo Ham Radio Festival for 20+ years, and have been to the Dayton Hamvention several times. You will have a great time. Bring a pickup truck, a couple of canvas totes, and some good walking shoes. The best deals will be found near closing time when the vendors are tired and don't want to lug stuff home.

Ive been to Dayton Ham fest, talk about a lot of ham gear and people. I was not looking for fta gear the last time. I may go this year if I can get away. My call
kb8teg If I can remember right been a ham since 1994. Got a ton of digital equipment for vhf and hf. Ran packet radio and sstv for long time. sstv is a blast the bands have been dead for some time for me. It may be that when I moved I never got a good antenna back in the air. If I get to the swap I will look for Sadoun.

I've been to the Sadoun website to look for any news of Hamvention attendance and did not find any. It will be nice if he can be there this year. I know with the current state of the economy, some vendors may not go this year.

Sharpee,

Yes, Sadoun Satellite Sales will be there this year as well. Sorry we didn't put an announcement on the website yet. We will do that right away.

We will be outside in the Flea Market area. Let us know if you guys need any big dishes, that we can bring for you to the Hamvention and save you some money on shipping screen, select "Pickup at location". In the notes or ship to address section mention that you would like to pick it up at the Dayton Hamvention. We will bring it with us.

Steve, Bill, Phil, and Samer will be there at the booth this year.

We will also have some odd and ends, and special prices for the event only.

never been to one. always interested in new products/ideas. maybe someday i will finally attend one. been a ham since the 90s .

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)