Happless NFL Teams

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Lions are at Lambeau, where they are like 0 for 100 lately. This is a winnable game, but the kitties will find a way to lose. If this team played just halfwzy better this season they would have been in contention for a playoff spot in a very mediocre NFC. The fact that they're are not speaks volumes to the abilities of this team. Before Millen they were a field goal away from the playoffs, now look where they are. They played harder their first season under Mornigwhey (whatever his freaking name was) then they did this season, with supposedly better talent, yet the record remains the same. Makes you misty eyed for the good old days of Fontes.

I agree, at least with Fontes, they would win 8 games and miss the playoffs, you also had Barry back then.

Lions will not win this w/e, that would screw up thier tie with the Raiders for the 1st pick, which doesn't matter anyway, they will take anotherWR if Millen is around.
Actually there has been talk of drafting Sdrian Peterson, mainly because they feel Kevin Jones will be out next year as well ....
Oh well, once again they pass on a good crop of QB's.

Jimbo

The Leos will find a way to screw up the #1 pick, just like last year when they beat the Saints on a last second FG. Millen can't get anything right.

The Leos will find a way to screw up the #1 pick, just like last year when they beat the Saints on a last second FG. Millen can't get anything right.

Just think, they could have had Leinert, Young or Cutler last year and passed on all of them.
Come to think of it, I think one of them was already gone, don't remember which thou.

Update :
Young was already gone.
PICK TEAM PLAYER
1 Houston Mario Williams - DE
2 New Orleans Reggie Bush - RB
3 Tennessee Vince Young - QB
4 New York D'Brickashaw Ferguson - OT
5 Green Bay AJ Hawk - OLB
6 San Francisco Vernon Davis - TE
7 Oakland Michael Huff - CB
8 Buffalo Donte Whitner - S
9 Detroit Ernie Sims - OLB
10 Arizona Matt Leinart - QB
11 Denver Jay Cutler - QB

Jimbo

Jimbo, you should have named this The Lions thread. I know there are other hapless teams THIS year, but some of them have had some success in the last few years (Oakland and Tampa Bay), as compared to the lifetime of futilty I've endured watching the Lions. This team in my lifetime has won one championship (2 days after I was born) and exactly 1 playoff game. In defense of Ernie Sims, he has been one of the few bright spots on a team of eternal darkness. Sure we could have taken a QB, but he would have been fed to the wolves behind that sieve we call an offensive line. Come to think of it, that line really is offensive. At any rate we can still draft a running back this year, because we will still have a very high draft pick next year also. Trust me this program is not turning around anytime soon. We've been rebuilding for 49 yrs. now. So how do you fix this mess? Start at the top. Fire Millen, and for that matter any one associated with him. Bring a true football man in to run the program, somebody with a proven track record who hknows how to build a team. Someone who understands that football games are won or lost at the line of scrimmage. Build from the O-line and D-line out. Great lines make everyone look better. As for Marinelli, well we were 6 and 10 last year, with a hapless offense. This year's team has almost learned how to score, at least compared to last year, but they still don't know how to win, and wasn't the point of changing coaches?

Jimbo, you should have named this The Lions thread. I know there are other hapless teams THIS year, but some of them have had some success in the last few years (Oakland and Tampa Bay), as compared to the lifetime of futilty I've endured watching the Lions. This team in my lifetime has won one championship (2 days after I was born) and exactly 1 playoff game. In defense of Ernie Sims, he has been one of the few bright spots on a team of eternal darkness. Sure we could have taken a QB, but he would have been fed to the wolves behind that sieve we call an offensive line. Come to think of it, that line really is offensive. At any rate we can still draft a running back this year, because we will still have a very high draft pick next year also. Trust me this program is not turning around anytime soon. We've been rebuilding for 49 yrs. now. So how do you fix this mess? Start at the top. Fire Millen, and for that matter any one associated with him. Bring a true football man in to run the program, somebody with a proven track record who hknows how to build a team. Someone who understands that football games are won or lost at the line of scrimmage. Build from the O-line and D-line out. Great lines make everyone look better. As for Marinelli, well we were 6 and 10 last year, with a hapless offense. This year's team has almost learned how to score, at least compared to last year, but they still don't know how to win, and wasn't the point of changing coaches?

Alot of Steeler fans are complaining this year, there not having a good year.

I would hate to see the fans around here if they had to cheer for the Lions.:D

At least Detroit got to see a winning football team last year at the Superbowl.:D

Alot of Steeler fans are complaining this year, there not having a good year.

I would hate to see the fans around here if they had to cheer for the Lions.:D

At least Detroit got to see a winning football team last year at the Superbowl.:D

HEY!!!!!! the steelers are still alive for the wild card, yes they have had a rough go at it, but it seems we are back for steelers football as of 10 minutes left in the 2nd quarter of the panthers game at least :)

HEY!!!!!! the steelers are still alive for the wild card, yes they have had a rough go at it, but it seems we are back for steelers football as of 10 minutes left in the 2nd quarter of the panthers game at least :)

I hope they make the playoffs, but they need 2 much help.:(

I hope they make the playoffs, but they need 2 much help.:(

The Steelers would need Jacksonville to lose all 3 remaining games. That part could actually happen, Tennesee is taking care of them today and they play N.E. and K.C. next.

That is only one very small part of the senario I saw today... I think the N.Y. Jets would have to lose 2 out of 3, they are about to finish off Minnesota today 26-13 late in the game, they finish up with Miami and Oakland.

Miami should be a good game, if they win that game, it's over for the Steelers.

Steelers started thier playoff push about 2 games to late, they are playing much better now.

Jimbo

yeah, I think what really hurt them was Bens concussion during the season, while he did start slow, the game before i believe it was he looked really good. but now we are playing steeler football, if we can get cowher wrapped up, Look out for next year! now that we got najeh in there, they are complete, actually we need to get holmes some tape for his hands on punt returns :)

Paul,
I did not want to exclude anyone else from posting ... This way we can see how many other longtine suffering fans are out there !
As Fox Mulder said : We are Not Alone .....

I agree with everything you posted earlier, Ernie Sims has had a very good year. However they have drafted a lot of LB's in the last few years.
I think they need to go out and build an offensive line, at ANY cost. They tried doing that a few years back when DeMulling came over and Backus is a deceint guard, Riola at center, and when I looked, I did not recognize the other two.

So you think they should take a RB in the draft 1st pick (A. Peterson, is the talk) over a QB. and pass on 3 more potentially good QB's.
Cutler and Lienart could have a years experience now.

Of course who ever they take, will fail miserably as soon as they slip on the Detroit Lions jersey, It could have been Johnny Unitis and he still could not do anything in Detroit.
Can you imagine if Peyton Manning was in Detroit, he can't scramble, believe me, he would NOT be the QB he is today !

Jimbo

Well Oakland and Detroit kept themselves in the running for the number 1 draft pick. Just wait until Detroit screws this up again this year by winning the very last week.

yeah, I think what really hurt them was Bens concussion during the season, while he did start slow, the game before i believe it was he looked really good. but now we are playing steeler football, if we can get cowher wrapped up, Look out for next year! now that we got najeh in there, they are complete, actually we need to get holmes some tape for his hands on punt returns :)
Santonio has played much better the last few weeks, seem to have the punt return thing down better now.
Still need to solidify the Offensive line, along with a lot of teams out there.

jimbo

Well Oakland and Detroit kept themselves in the running for the number 1 draft pick. Just wait until Detroit screws this up again this year by winning the very last week.

Lions winning either of the last two games are unlikely,
They have Da' Bears next and then close out the typical year against Dallas.

Jimbo

The Steelers are done. They would have to beat the Bengals and that ain't happening. :)

I agree about the Lion's fans, they have been suffering alot longer than even the Tampa fans in the 70' and early 80's.

Being a cheesehead and a long time packer fan, I remember all too well, the 70' and 80's. Twenty years of bad players, bad coaches, bad management, capacity crowds and I'm still on the Damn waiting list!!

I have nothing to complain about the last couple of sub par seasons. I could be a Lions fan!!

Lions are 23-71 during the Millen regime. This has to be as bad as the first several years of the Tampa Bay expansion. I remember when people here got ticked off at the 8-8 seasons. I would love to see an 8-8 season again.

The Lions and Raiders could both lose out and the Raiders could jump ahead of the Lions based on strength of schedule depending on how their opponents throughout the season finish. As for my beloved Lions...there is NO way they can beat the Cowboys or Bears.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)