Happless NFL Teams

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If it's any help - you are all welcome to become Saints fans for the rest of this year. We know a few things about finding a way to lose in the wierdest ways.

When New Orleans got our NFL team in the 60's Dave Dixon went to the priest at St. Louis Cathedral in Jackson Square & asked if it would be sacriligious to name the team the Saints. No - "it shouldn't be a problem", he replied, "but you have to remember - most Saints were Martyrs".

It's all Moses fault any way - he wandered around in the desert for 40 years before bringing his people out of the wilderness. The Saints were 40 years old this fall. The curse is officially over.

This IS our year - Who Dat say they gonna beat Dem Saints?

Lions are 23-71 during the Millen regime. This has to be as bad as the first several years of the Tampa Bay expansion. I remember when people here got ticked off at the 8-8 seasons. I would love to see an 8-8 season again.

The Lions and Raiders could both lose out and the Raiders could jump ahead of the Lions based on strength of schedule depending on how their opponents throughout the season finish. As for my beloved Lions...there is NO way they can beat the Cowboys or Bears.

Now you know how us Bengals fans felt for 15 loooooooooooooong years.

Just think, they could have had Leinert, Young or Cutler last year and passed on all of them.
Come to think of it, I think one of them was already gone, don't remember which thou.

Update :
Young was already gone.
PICK TEAM PLAYER
1 Houston Mario Williams - DE
2 New Orleans Reggie Bush - RB
3 Tennessee Vince Young - QB
4 New York D'Brickashaw Ferguson - OT
5 Green Bay AJ Hawk - OLB
6 San Francisco Vernon Davis - TE
7 Oakland Michael Huff - CB
8 Buffalo Donte Whitner - S
9 Detroit Ernie Sims - OLB
10 Arizona Matt Leinart - QB
11 Denver Jay Cutler - QB

Jimbo

Hey... why would you dog their pick with Ernie Sims. He is a strong candidate for Rookie of the Year. Do not be suprised if he gets it. He leads the Lions in Tackles. No other first round pick is leading their team in anything.

I am a life long Lions fan. Barry came into the NFL when I was a kid, and I was hooked.

The problems are not totally Millen's, or any coach. A lot of the blame needs to go the Ford Family. They have only made the playoffs once since owning the franchise, but they are making millions off of a losing team. This year is the first year, that you are seeing empty seats at Ford Field. The fans have had enough.

The biggest thing that needs to change in the Lions' franchise is the attitude. No one liked Joey Harrington. Here is a fact. Joey Harrington has better stats this year in 10 games played than any year playing 16 in Detroit. No one liked Jeff Garcia. Now look at Jeff Garcia's performance. He is a stud with the Eagles!

I liked both of these guys. Why? Because they were committed hard workers. They were leaders. The reason they both failed was they have a bunch of teammates with attitude problems, and a poor work ethic. The fact that both of those quarter backs are doing way better in now should say that.

To quote Jeff Garcia in a recent interview in Philly, "the problem I had in Detroit was the players' commitments. After every practice, I would go to each offensive player’s lockers, and find that only a handful of them took their playbooks home".

Harrington said the same thing after leaving Detroit. I can not imagine the frustration that a quarter back has with players like Roy Williams, Mike Williams, or any offensive line man. You can see the frustration in Jon Kitna's face after every sack, when he is lying on his back, and all the offensive lineman pokily walk to the huddle instead of picking up their quarterback off the ground.

Until someone comes in and gets the players motivated to change their attitude, they will continue to be the embarrassment of the league. I do not know if that means it needs to be a coach, owner or GM. But it needs to be one of the three. Currently two of those three do not seem to have a big problem with the franchise.

There are bright spots. Kitna is not a franchise quarterback, but he is committed, and wants to win. Kevin Jones, Mike Furry, Ernie Simms, and Dre Bly, all have hurt in their eyes when they talk about another loss.

Roy Williams is a cancer. Charles Rogers was too. I think Mike Williams is a cancer. Jeff Backus, Don Mulenboch, all of the offensive line. There are a lot of guys on this team that do not care enough to win, or even do their job correctly.

If it's any help - you are all welcome to become Saints fans for the rest of this year. We know a few things about finding a way to lose in the wierdest ways.

When New Orleans got our NFL team in the 60's Dave Dixon went to the priest at St. Louis Cathedral in Jackson Square & asked if it would be sacriligious to name the team the Saints. No - "it shouldn't be a problem", he replied, "but you have to remember - most Saints were Martyrs".

It's all Moses fault any way - he wandered around in the desert for 40 years before bringing his people out of the wilderness. The Saints were 40 years old this fall. The curse is officially over.

I think the Saints could make it to the Super Bowl. I hope they do, they are playing very well, and I would not be suprised if they win the Super Bowl.

The Ford Family has owned the team since 1964. They have made the playoofs at least nine times in that period. Not a great record but not as bad as you describe.

15 years? What are you kidding. Lions fans can do that in their sleep. Our last championship was 1957. One playoff win since then. Last I checked you guys are still in the running for the playoffs. Come back and tell me about your suffering when you've got at least 40 years of suffering. Puhleeze!

" They have only made the playoffs once since owning the franchise, but they are making millions off of a losing team. This year is the first year, that you are seeing empty seats at Ford Field. The fans have had enough."

This is a page right out of the Tom Benson handbook. there are 2 ways to sell tickets in the NFL.

1) One of them is winning.

2) The other is by changing the GM or coaching staff.

Every time the Saints have changed coaches the fans go into a frenzy about what "could" happen in the new year. This tactic fills the dome for a couple years until the next time the cycle comes around again..........

15 years? What are you kidding. Lions fans can do that in their sleep. Our last championship was 1957. One playoff win since then. Last I checked you guys are still in the running for the playoffs. Come back and tell me about your suffering when you've got at least 40 years of suffering. Puhleeze!

masybe taht si what the other psoter menat when he asiad that the team had only MADE the playoffs once---that they only won a playoff game once under the Ford ownership.

I agree about the Lion's fans, they have been suffering alot longer than even the Tampa fans in the 70' and early 80's.

Being a cheesehead and a long time packer fan, I remember all too well, the 70' and 80's. Twenty years of bad players, bad coaches, bad management, capacity crowds and I'm still on the Damn waiting list!!

I have nothing to complain about the last couple of sub par seasons. I could be a Lions fan!!

What is the Pack record, looks like the Lions won't be takinga QB in the draft (1st round), could the Pack get Troy or Brady ?

Jimbo

The Redskins , yesterday ...... sorry to say.

Hey... why would you dog their pick with Ernie Sims. He is a strong candidate for Rookie of the Year. Do not be suprised if he gets it. He leads the Lions in Tackles. No other first round pick is leading their team in anything.

As I mentioned earlier, I have no problem with Ernie Sims. I just wish they had choose a QB last year so he would have a years experience now, and maybe a better 2nd year.

Jimbo

As I mentioned earlier, I have no problem with Ernie Sims. I just wish they had choose a QB last year so he would have a years experience now, and maybe a better 2nd year.

Jimbo

I don't know if I woul have taken a QB in the '05 draft either. That is when we got Teddy Lehmann and Shawn Cody. The only quarterbacks that were still available when the Lions picked were Aaron Rodgers and Jason Campbell. Even if Lienart were to have gone in to th draft, there is no garentee that he would have made it to th 10th pick where the Lions were.

I would not want Lienart anyway. He was never a "proven" quarterback until his senior year at USC. That was the main reason he stayed out of the draft that year. He had a little more to put on his resume. Even at that, his only proven game was the Sugar Bowl. Otherwise, he has neve had to come from behind, or make miracles happen with big games on the line. Now that he is in the NFL, he looks like he is lost. I bet the fact that he actually has to play with second rate players, for a losing franchise has something to do with his mentality in how he performs.

I don't know if I woul have taken a QB in the '05 draft either. That is when we got Teddy Lehmann and Shawn Cody. The only quarterbacks that were still available when the Lions picked were Aaron Rodgers and Jason Campbell. Even if Lienart were to have gone in to th draft, there is no garentee that he would have made it to th 10th pick where the Lions were.

I would not want Lienart anyway. He was never a "proven" quarterback until his senior year at USC. That was the main reason he stayed out of the draft that year. He had a little more to put on his resume. Even at that, his only proven game was the Sugar Bowl. Otherwise, he has neve had to come from behind, or make miracles happen with big games on the line. Now that he is in the NFL, he looks like he is lost. I bet the fact that he actually has to play with second rate players, for a losing franchise has something to do with his mentality in how he performs.

Ok,
So your gonna pass on 3 more QB's this year ?
Have you been watching the Replacememnts they bring in and ask to be a qb ?

Look who they have had since 2000, have they EVER bought in a top notch QWB from free agancy ??? NO.

I watched Kitna in the last few games last year, perticularly against the Steelers and knew the Lions did not have the Stud they hoped for.
Until they either go out and convince a QB to come to Detroit, they will have thier choise of rookie QB's and or 2nd string QB's elsewhere.

I think they should pick one and see if they can end up with something good for a change.
As I am sure you remember, Troy Aikman did not have a good 1st year, nor do most QB's, even Peyton and Brady oe Elway were not Stars in thier first year, only one that I cna think of that was , is Marino.

You have to start somewhere, if your the Lions, it's AGAIN saddly:( :yikes :no

Jimbo

15 years only?

The last Lions championship was in 1957 before the Super Bowl existed. Since then? One playoff win.

Ugh.

LOL...I just read what Paul wrote...same thing...GMTA...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)