Happless NFL Teams

The Steelers would need Jacksonville to lose all 3 remaining games. That part could actually happen, Tennesee is taking care of them today and they play N.E. and K.C. next.

That is only one very small part of the senario I saw today... I think the N.Y. Jets would have to lose 2 out of 3, they are about to finish off Minnesota today 26-13 late in the game, they finish up with Miami and Oakland.

Miami should be a good game, if they win that game, it's over for the Steelers.

Steelers started thier playoff push about 2 games to late, they are playing much better now.

Jimbo

Steelers has to win the rest of there games.

Jags has to lose the rest on there games.

And the Bungles has to beat Denver.

Alot to overcome, I don't think they'll make it.:(

They aren't out yet. They still hold most of the tie breakers, and if they can beat Denver next week they hold all the tie breakers.

Ok,
So your gonna pass on 3 more QB's this year ?
Have you been watching the Replacememnts they bring in and ask to be a qb ?

Look who they have had since 2000, have they EVER bought in a top notch QWB from free agancy ??? NO.

I watched Kitna in the last few games last year, perticularly against the Steelers and knew the Lions did not have the Stud they hoped for.
Until they either go out and convince a QB to come to Detroit, they will have thier choise of rookie QB's and or 2nd string QB's elsewhere.

I think they should pick one and see if they can end up with something good for a change.
As I am sure you remember, Troy Aikman did not have a good 1st year, nor do most QB's, even Peyton and Brady oe Elway were not Stars in thier first year, only one that I cna think of that was , is Marino.

You have to start somewhere, if your the Lions, it's AGAIN saddly:( :yikes :no

Jimbo

I thought we were talking about drafts of the past! Of Course, this year we should have a shot at taking Brady Quinn. And I would definetly take him, and the Lions should be sure to do it. Our defense is stacked with great players, they just need to stay healthy. We will be out of a running back too. So depending on where Quinn goes, I may even take Darren McFadden. If Oakland picks first, (which looks like will happen), I would take McFadden over anyone else. Kevin Jones will never be the same again.

I thought we were talking about drafts of the past! Of Course, this year we should have a shot at taking Brady Quinn. And I would definetly take him, and the Lions should be sure to do it. Our defense is stacked with great players, they just need to stay healthy. We will be out of a running back too. So depending on where Quinn goes, I may even take Darren McFadden. If Oakland picks first, (which looks like will happen), I would take McFadden over anyone else. Kevin Jones will never be the same again.

Rumor I heard earlier in the week was the Lions were stongly considering taking Adrian Peterson from Oklahoma.
I thing they expect Jones to miss all of next year and maybe more.

So there goes the therory of taking a QB again, unless Troy Smith drops to the 2nd round, like some are expecting, but I don't see that happening.

Even Green Bay would have to think about taking Troy, I think thay do not like what they have seen from A. Rogers. and ya know they will be in the top 15 at least.
Then you would have Smith at QB and Hawk back on D.

Jimbo

I'm curious, whom do you consider to be the great players on defense? Granted they are a fragile bunch, (look at Fernando Bryant the wrong way and he ends up on IR) but outside of the unproven Sims, I don't see much. Rogers shows greatness when he feels like it, Bly has had the will to win beaten out of him, and Boss Bailey doesn't look like the player he was in college. Last year when they were healthy, they were a middle of the pack defense. This unit is the biggest reason for the Lions sorry record.

Being a Suckland Faiders fan....I am STILL not convinced that Brady Quinn is as great as everyone says he is. Again, I would rather take Smith from Ohio State.

My best friend is a big Eagles fan, and is going to the Christmas Day game against the Cowboys.

Eagles HAVE to win this one to clinch the wildcard spot. Cowboys are already in the playoffs. All of the pressure is on the Eagles.

Being a Suckland Faiders fan....I am STILL not convinced that Brady Quinn is as great as everyone says he is. Again, I would rather take Smith from Ohio State.

I'm a Rams fan and I had not seen the Raiders play before this past Sunday. The Raiders are in bad, bad shape. QB should be number one priority and maybe the Raiders can trade Moss for a high enough draft pick to get a good RB, too.

I'm a Rams fan and I had not seen the Raiders play before this past Sunday. The Raiders are in bad, bad shape. QB should be number one priority and maybe the Raiders can trade Moss for a high enough draft pick to get a good RB, too.

Who wants Moss , or T.O. for that matter ?
What teams would be willing to take him, with all the distractions.
I can deal with the distractions, it's the lack of effort that would worry me.

Jimbo

Who wants Moss , or T.O. for that matter ?
What teams would be willing to take him, with all the distractions.
I can deal with the distractions, it's the lack of effort that would worry me.

Jimbo

You cannot say they don't put an effort....TO has over a thousands yards and over 10 TDs. Moss has not been the say since being injured and has been play for the worst offensive line in the league and a bad veteran QB or a QB that is too green. You can call them selfish, arrogant and all out jerks, but not for lack of effort.

Last edited:
You cannot say they don't put an effort....TO has over a thousands yards and over 10 TDs. Moss has not been the say since being injured and has been play for the worst offensive line in the league and a bad veteran QB or a QB that is too green. You can call them selfish, arrogant and all out jerks, but not for lack of effort.

How about the 10 or so dropped balls, not many of them were when his hand was hurt

Jimbo

How about the 10 or so dropped balls, not many of them were when his hand was hurt

Jimbo

But he is NO WHERE near the lead in dropped balls in this league. Chris Chambers down here has...so far...25 drops...TWENTY-FIVE!!! And that is a conservative amount. Is it for lack of an effort??!! No.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)