Happy Fourth of July & Happy Canada Day!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg said:
nope...a 36" (90cm)
Please keep us updated .......... I think I know the LNB to get (ASC421 dual polarity), but I want to see how you mount it and where you aim it at the dish ............. good luck.

mk
Where in manitoba ya located?

I guess I can add you to the list of Canucks for Happy Canada Day :)

Iceberg said:
mk
Where in manitoba ya located?

I guess I can add you to the list of Canucks for Happy Canada Day :)

Thanks and same to you this Monday. I am in Winnipeg.

I haven't seen that test pattern since I was a kid. For those of you that don't know what I mean ...... the avatar above that Mike has, was the CBC off air test pattern in the 60's or maybe even early 70's.

now when the CBC signs off it is usually color bars with CBC and then the city across it

The 2 off the air ones that are kjinda neat are CKPG (CBC Prince George) and CBC Dawson Creek....they have a scroll of their next days programming guide with music from one of their radio stations

I too have far too many chores to play around with FTA for awhile. Its kind of funny reading some of the posts from folks complaining of temps in the 100's. We have had such an awful spring up here....flooding etc...I think we could stand a few weeks in the...at least high 70's. We finally have temps in the low to mid 80's up here and we are just sucking it up, and hoping it lasts for awhile. Mind you, when it gets hot here (usually close to 90/30+c) its a dry heat. Anyways off to do more chores. happy belated Canada day and Fourth. Hope everyone had a good long weekend.

Ok.. I'll quit complaining about temps in the 100s... I just hate that the temps are in the 80's when I go out and run every morning at 4:30 AM.

Lets see

Iceberg said:
My projects
-get C-band working :D
nope
-unhook the 24” dish and replace it with a 30”, giving me 2 motorized dishes
yep. Had it working and proceeded to f**k it up
-get the 4 receivers I have hooked up right and working 100%
yep
-get on the roof and swap out a LNB on the one motorized setup
yep..got stuck to my roof (don't ask...long story)
-get the cabling cleaned up…got too many stray wires running around : )
yep

Also include
-got a receiver hooked to G10 & EVu 91 for the audio
-proceed to lock myself out of my house (another long story) and had to break into my own house

I could get TBN on G5 Ch 3 analog...but no digital.

I have some more working to do on it but I couldnt even get F1 and that is supposedly the strongest bird. Probably not hitting focal point :)

That's what I decided, that the focal point must be way off on my c-band lnb with my DTV dish. I only got analog results off both the DPC and 76cm Winegard.

Things should improve soon, though; this afternoon (yes, THIS afternoon, finally) I'm ordering a Patriot 120cm and offset c-band lnb (DEVO!).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts