Happy Groundhog Day!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dishman Dan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
N/A
Happy Groundhog Day! :D

It is not a Hallmark holiday yet but perhaps it will be soon! Maybe this day is bigger just in Pennsylvania! ;)

I dug out the Groundhog Day movie with Bill Murray and watched Pennsylvania's most famous groundhog on the big screen. My daughter was home because school was canceled. The "record breaking storm" did not amount to much so maybe she actually was off for the holiday! :cool:

We did have some ice today so it was not a good day to work on the dish farm.
I wanted to tweak my 39" Ku dish but pretty much stayed indoors. :(

Another exciting holiday has come and gone. It used to be a lot more fun especially when I was younger! Or perhaps It does not get any better than this!!!... :rolleyes:

Just found coverage of the festivities on PCN! 8:30 - 10:00 (Pennsylvania Cable Network AMC 9 83 degrees C Band)

Last edited:
We dodged the bullet down here in Pittsburgh as far as the weather.

I was kind of grumpy yesterday thinking that my life was just like the movie Groundhog Day. I wake up every day at the same time, wear the same clothes, drive the same car in the same direction, perform the same job functions at work, eat the same TV dinner lunches, come home and sit at the same computer, eat the same suppers and then watch the same TV shows and go to bed at the same time.

Today I picked out a sweater to wear to work that I haven't worn in years just to begin making a change in my life. :)

I guess it could also be the weather. February is usually gloomy in PA. Looking forward to spring!

My question about all this is....

Did Punxsutawney Phil see his shadow?

We don't have a Punxsutawney Phil here. Locally, we refer to groundhogs as woodchucks and I call our woodchuck Nickerson Ned. Ned didn't even make an appearance! It was sunny, so if he had, he would have seen his shadow. But, there was such a snowdrift over his burrow that I bet it took him til nightfall to dig out.

RADAR

AcWxRadar said:
My question about all this is....

Did Punxsutawney Phil see his shadow?

We don't have a Punxsutawney Phil here. Locally, we refer to groundhogs as woodchucks and I call our woodchuck Nickerson Ned. Ned didn't even make an appearance! It was sunny, so if he had, he would have seen his shadow. But, there was such a snowdrift over his burrow that I bet it took him til nightfall to dig out.

RADAR

They said on the radio yesterday that he did NOT see his shadow! :D

Here near Chesapeake, MO I am happy to report that Cheskatawney Chuck did not see any shadows either.......not his own, nor that of my trusty golden retriever who ambushed him. :D

One less whistlepig to dig holes under my barn. :up

Champ Groundhog Nov 2010.JPG

Hawh! Good old dog! That is the way to shorten winter! :)

Now, none of you PETA people need get involved! You don't know what you are talking about anyway, so keep your poor pity of destructive animals to yourselves. They are cute, but they do a lot of damage and must be controlled.

They really can make a mess of your buildings and property, they are really big diggers. Cute little fellas, but very destructive.

RADAR

That ground-rat ain't gonna live to see another Ground Hog day! :rant:

We have had a pretty mild winter here and did not even make the 100 inch snow total for the season. Over the weekend all the snow was gone and He was my hero! :luvlove:

Then the darn varmit pulled a fast one and we got over a foot of snow! :eek:

So much for a early start on outside satellite projects. :(

!protest Kill Phil! !protest Kill Phil! !protest

We have had a pretty mild winter here and did not even make the 100 inch snow total for the season. Over the weekend all the snow was gone and He was my hero! :luvlove:

Here in Pittsburgh it was 60 degrees last Friday with lots of sunshine that melted all the snow. Since our company gave us off for President's Day I scheduled a vacation day for Tuesday and Wednesday as well in order to celebrate my birthday and to get some satellite projects done.

Now I'm shoveling over 8" of snow and home with the entire family since the schools are closed. :(

Reading the last couple posts I don't feel so bad now. We only go about a quarter inch of ice on Sunday night and 6 inches of snow on Monday. I still want to shoot the groundhog too. I will be after Buckeye Chuck. :) It was 55 degrees here on Friday.

That doggone critter LIED! Get a rope!

RADAR

On the news I thought that I was watching an uprising in Punxsutawney against Phil but it was the events in Libya instead! :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts