Hard Drive Bargain Watch

walmart had a sale on 2TB WD externals for 159.99 a couple weeks ago. snagged one at my local wallymart. not sure if that was local or not. think they sell for 169 right now.

The 2 TB WD Essential is $150 at Wal Mart now, I was running out of room and they were out of the Seagate 1.5 TB drives I have been getting... Formatted & Showed 1.88 Gigs.

What Rx'er is it connected to? Last I checked E* claims only to support only 1TB.
I have a 722k now and would love to up EHD to 2TB!

I'm starting to think the 2TB is too big. For movies (where there's no sub folders) it takes too long to move through the list.
I've always been a bigger is not better proponent. With MPEG4 you can get a lot more on a smaller drive than before, reduce the risk of losing ALL your programming on one drive, etc. I started 3 years ago with a 500gb, and with my recording/viewing habits, still have about 40% free.

The 2 TB WD Essential is $150 at Wal Mart now, I was running out of room and they were out of the Seagate 1.5 TB drives I have been getting... Formatted & Showed 1.88 Gigs.
Hey Don you should know it is not formatting that reduces the disk size. The makers quote size in powers of 1000 but the computer and Dish people use a base of 1024.

A 750GB drive is 698*1024^3 bytes.
A 1TB drive is 931*1024^3 bytes.
A 1.5TB drive is 1397*1024^3 bytes.
A 2TB drive is 1863*1024^3 bytes.
-Ken

Anyone having problems with the WD My passport Essential? Just bought one and I can't get it to work. I had trouble getting it to be recognized on the 722 and now it goes thru it's formatting thing and it still won't work. It continues to want to format over and over again. Any ideas? Thanks

Anyone having problems with the WD My passport Essential? Just bought one and I can't get it to work. I had trouble getting it to be recognized on the 722 and now it goes thru it's formatting thing and it still won't work. It continues to want to format over and over again. Any ideas? Thanks

Isn't that a portable HD? Maybe that has something to do with it? or maybe just a bad drive.

Assuming you installed a 2TB on your receiver, is there an easy way to transfer programs from your existing ext HD to the new one? I have a 750GB that is full, I would like to get a bigger drive only if there is an easy way to transfer all the files over :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)