Hard drive space

Rorshach85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Gotham City
Okay this may seem like a dumb question but if you have a 722/612 receiver can you hook a EHD to it and basically expand your hard drive? I know you can take your recordings off, but could you just permanently leave it hooked up effectively doubling your hard drive space?

I leave my two WD15EADS drives hooked up to a 612 and a 722 permanently. This is way more than double the internal drive space. The only issue is that the firmware prevents me from doing two things at once, such as archiving one program while watching another program already on the EHD.

Yes, you can copy the files to a PC, but you can't view the programs thereon due to the encryption. Only Dish receivers on the same account can view the programs.

Okay this may seem like a dumb question but if you have a 722/612 receiver can you hook a EHD to it and basically expand your hard drive? I know you can take your recordings off, but could you just permanently leave it hooked up effectively doubling your hard drive space?

You can hook up as many ehd's as you want. Just 1 at a time. So you actually have unlimited storage. Currently the max size of an ehd is 2 tb.
It's a good idea to move most of your important recordings to the ehd in case you have a receiver failure. You can play back the recordings from the ehd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)