Harmony 520 Remotes Under $30

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What if you dont know the model # of some of your equipment? For example, I have a sony surround sound system thats a few years old now, but have no idea what the model # is and dont have the manuals anymore.

My sony's have always had the model number on the front. Looking at the two I still have, the model number for both of mine is in the lower right hand corner.

My sony's have always had the model number on the front. Looking at the two I still have, the model number for both of mine is in the lower right hand corner.

If I want to know the models of the equipment, I look at my signature here -- as I tend to update them whenever I get something new. :D

What if you dont know the model # of some of your equipment?
With Harmony, it's always better to enter the exact model number. But in the worst case, if you can't find it, you can learn commands from your existing remote: Harmony remotes are learning remotes. You won't even have to learn every single button: the Add New Device wizard will ask you to read several buttons of its choice and it will then try to identify the rest of the command set automatically.

I tried setting mine up, but the remote didn't seem to be able to accept the information from the computer. For the longest time it would stay at 0% and not load anything. Was I just impatient (It was a USB 1.1, not 2.0 connection) or should it not have taken that long anyways?

I tried setting mine up, but the remote didn't seem to be able to accept the information from the computer. For the longest time it would stay at 0% and not load anything. Was I just impatient (It was a USB 1.1, not 2.0 connection) or should it not have taken that long anyways?

I had a similar issue a while back with my Harmony remote and disabling the firewall temporarily fixed the issue.

I'm sorry I didn't see this thread earlier or I'd have advised you guys to think twice about this remote - at any price. While it does do the things Harmony remotes are noted for, this particular model is not constructed very well. Very dainty and won't last long under the pressure a normal man will usually exert on it. The upper half is very thin and can actually bend under normal pressure to the upper buttons. After a while the slight bending that occurs will crack the circuit board and some of the buttons will stop working. Probably why there's such a good deal on them. The 670 is more money but no where near what the other over-priced models are and it's built much better than the 520.

Ive noticed a lot of creaking, and the volume and channel buttons suck on this one (been using my denon remote for volume). Now that I like Harmony, looks like an 880 is in my future (same price as a 670 right now on Amazon $120). I do like the Harmony control otherwise, great setup.

My firewall will ask permission to allow download. It's Comodo.
Well that's the thing: I would expect a firewall request, because even Windows Firewall will query you for access the first time. I need to get this fixed while we still have phone support access.

Well that's the thing: I would expect a firewall request, because even Windows Firewall will query you for access the first time. I need to get this fixed while we still have phone support access.
It sounds like you have an old computer (USB 1.0). Maybe get a 2.0 card??

No, I don't think it's a USB version issue. Harmony works with both USB 1.1 and 2.0
Most likely your program is not properly installed or something is blocking it.
Did you install the program BEFORE connecting the remote?
Call technical support and they should be able to help you with that.

No, I don't think it's a USB version issue. Harmony works with both USB 1.1 and 2.0
Most likely your program is not properly installed or something is blocking it.
Did you install the program BEFORE connecting the remote?
Call technical support and they should be able to help you with that.
Yes the program was installed first. I'll probably just call tech support next time. I tried before but I was in a hurry and didn't have time to wait on hold.

Well, after about 10 days with this little hummer, I must say I am very pleased. I've gotten used to the layout, as compared to a 722 remote. In the case of my AV receiver, it is much easier to access some functions than the original remote. For $30.00, it's a no-wrong deal. How bout some of you others who bit?

I got mine yesterday. I needed some help from support to get working right, but now I am very pleased.

Before to use a device I would need 3 seperate remotes. Set the audio output, tv output, and then turn on the device. Now it's all one step.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)