Harmony 670

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
Does anyone has this remote? How do you like it? and if you have Dish Network, are most of the buttons on the Dish Network remote mapped on the 670?

One more, how do you select which device to control? I assume the device button but just want to make sure. Most Universal remotes, have the devices on top (eg. DVD, TV, SAT, etc) but I don't see the buttons on the 670.

Thanks.

I have one of those. I love Harmony remotes!

Most buttons are mapped correctly, but I think I remapped one or two.

With Harmony you don't need to select individual devices. Instead, you select activities, like "Watch DVD" or "Watch TV" (using colored buttons at the top). The remote remembers your current state and when you switch from one activity to another it knows exactly what to do: it will turn on devices you need, turn off those you no longer need, it will switch inputs on your TV set and on your A/V receiver, etc. - all with a single button push! Very powerful but yet very easy to use: even kids can handle your A/V system with this remote. ;)

670 has only 3 dedicated activity buttons, but you can add more activities using the LCD display.

And yes, if you need to access additional device functions, you can press "Device" button and select a device from the list. Then you wil get a device-specific menu with all device functions. But you almost never need that, as most common functions are mapped to buttons or to the Activity menu on the LCD display (which you can customize). There are also "Sound" an "Pic" buttons that show sound- and picture-related functions. Again, not needed in most cases.

Thank you Ilya for answering all my questions. I can get one on eBay for $82.99 shipped so I thought it was a great deal but wanted to make sure that it's gonna work for what I want it.

this thread is old but just curious. I just bought this remote. It works great, but just noticed that there is no hard button for the DVR. Seems you have to flip though the LCD screen to find the DVR soft button. Am I missing a DVR hard button on the remote or is there a way to program a button as the DVR hard button on this remote? Thanks for the replies!

this thread is old but just curious. I just bought this remote. It works great, but just noticed that there is no hard button for the DVR. Seems you have to flip though the LCD screen to find the DVR soft button. Am I missing a DVR hard button on the remote or is there a way to program a button as the DVR hard button on this remote? Thanks for the replies!
Yes there is a way to program a button to function as the dvr button. do you have instructions or do you need a step by step from us? gladly do it

No I have found how to do this, I was just wondering if there was a hard key already on the remote that I was somehow missing, since the remote touts how perfect it is for DVR functions you would think it would have a DVR button.

I think I will program one of the soft keys on top to serve as the DVR button that shows up when I hit the "Watch TV" button. Right now, all but one button up there is blank after running the "watch TV" sequence.

I programmed the "#" key as "DVR" on mine. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)