Hartford, CT HD locals uplinked! (although not available yet)

codton

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
Waterford, CT
Yes, yes, yes! Hopefully only a few more weeks until my locals arrive. Better late than never, Charlie!!:up

Any guess, Scott? I know you are a CT guy....

The local HD network channels (ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox) were uplinked, but NOT AVAILABLE in the following cities today at 61.5°.
  • 5170-5173 Syracuse, NY on tp3 spot 16
  • 5180-5183 Lansing, MI on tp 7 spot 14
  • 5180-5183 Hartford, CT on tp 1 spot 16

NICE! But I won't hold you to it, Scott... I really appreciate all your efforts at Satellite Guys. If only DISH were as reliable as you!!!

Can't wait. Then, I won't have to see that friggin D* ad that's been in the Hartford Courant lately telling E* subs to move to D* because they have more HD locals than E*. Because of the LIN deal (WTNH 8), E* will be able to turn the tables for once because D* doesn't have an agreement yet.....

I am in Glastonbury, CT and I can wait a few more weeks . . . god knows it has been long enough! Now I am content and will no longer complain because this is what I wanted all along . . . my OTA was not always reliable nor picked up the best signal!

Thrilled, thrilled, thrilled. OTA is decent here in Manchester, but occasionally flaky... I'll be glad just for the consistency of signal. The option to record two local HD's will be nice too. :)

With NESN-HD added a couple a weeks ago amd now the locals uplinked. things are looking good for us here in CT. I know Charlie doesn't get much love on here, so let me be the first. Thank you Charlie. Keep the HD coming. Looking forward to see what else in HD you may bestow on us in the coming weeks. As Scott keeps saying wait until May 1st until making any rash decisions. Its a good time to be an E* sub in CT. :D

Breath of fresh air for us here in CT. Hopefully I'll be able to watch the last few weeks of Am Idol in HD. With my OTA it's always been a coin toss as to weather the channel would come in.

With NESN-HD added a couple a weeks ago amd now the locals uplinked. things are looking good for us here in CT. I know Charlie doesn't get much love on here, so let me be the first. Thank you Charlie. Keep the HD coming. Looking forward to see what else in HD you may bestow on us in the coming weeks. As Scott keeps saying wait until May 1st until making any rash decisions. Its a good time to be an E* sub in CT. :D

Ditto that. Now if the Steinbrenners would get reasonable with their prices, we could have the YES network so that we could root hard against the Yanks!!!!!!

wow is this thread real? I just did a search for 'hartford' on the dish forum and fount this thread! I am with DirecTV which has many more HD channels BUT like the Dish DVR more and I really want ABC in HD and I doubt D* will be getting it due to Lin.

My big question is... (actually a couple)

- can I reuse the current dish mount I have? as I don't want any more holes put in my roof
- if I can get D* with the slim 5LNB dish what are the odds I can see the E* bird(s)
- does E* have a single dish vs the multiple option? (I'm in CT if that helps?)
- will E* give you two HD DVR's?

thanks in advance
john

I am expecting them within the next two weeks, not June.

This is based on looking on recent HD Local uplinks and when they were made available to customers. :)

I am expecting them within the next two weeks, not June.

This is based on looking on recent HD Local uplinks and when they were made available to customers. :)

Scott this is very cool -- I think I might just make the switch (a posted a few questions above and in the main E* page.... do they make sense or am I being to "paranoid" about LOS issues?

Also will the locals for us here in northern CT carry ABC? How do they compare with the D* local HD quality (which I think is GREAT)

John

A good sign fellow CT viewers:

Mobile, AL and Jackson, MS are scheduled to go live tomorrow, and they are both listed as June on the DISH website (as is Hartford). A good omen, perhaps??:up

A good sign fellow CT viewers:

Mobile, AL and Jackson, MS are scheduled to go live tomorrow, and they are both listed as June on the DISH website (as is Hartford). A good omen, perhaps??:up

yesterday I had E* hook me up (now an ex D* subscriber)

I hope us CT will get locals this month rather then June ;-/

so far its a draw between the D* and E* HD quality -- direct seemed more washed yet crisp; and dish seems more sharp and slight harsh? I'm leaning towards dish... WTNH in SD is a bunch better here on Dish. I do miss the other locals not being in HD - but soon :)

Ohhh and the 722 BLOWS away the HR20 :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts