Has anyone noticed the new 722k DVR menu?

I don't have a 722k but my 622 had the new changes done to it last night, I'm kinda annoyed by it as well. I don't wish to see these titles stuck in my face cause I won't ever buy them. But I can assure you this, this is the main reason Dish is pushing Connectivity so much here lately on their techs almost to the point they are taking money from them from not running cat5 to someone's router. I'd rather have kept the menu the way it was and wish there was a way to change it back cause I pulled my network cable out from the back of the receiver months ago after I learned Dish was in talks with Google. I suggest everyone remove their phone lines and ethernet connections from the boxes as they serve no purpose but to over charge you for worthless movies.

I suggest everyone remove their phone lines and ethernet connections from the boxes as they serve no purpose but to over charge you for worthless movies.
Oh come on! I very much enjoy callerID from the phone line, and I've downloaded a number of free programs using DishOnline. And let us not forget the DVR Remote Access feature which is very handy on occasion. Last but not least, these connections keep the Audit Nazis away.

Oh come on! I very much enjoy callerID from the phone line, and I've downloaded a number of free programs using DishOnline. And let us not forget the DVR Remote Access feature which is very handy on occasion. Last but not least, these connections keep the Audit Nazis away.

I along with many others have already turned off land -lines so no advantage there, I watch 99% of my programming in HD now and suffer through SD so pretty much anything from DishOnline free is in SD so again no advantage there. I'm hardly in a position to wanting to manage my DVR outside of my house, easy to just set it up the day or days before so no real advantage there either. As for the Audit Nazis.. if you have less than 3 dual tuners its unlikely they will fool with you and if you do have more than that then as long as your honest then so what?

Naw I say yank the cords..you will see down the road they are prob going to start tracking what you watch, throw ads on your screen while you fast forward or rewind the DVR shows/movies you watch and much more. The pressure Dish puts on techs to hook up lines that don't exist most of the time is just beyond lame. They even hit techs for people that don't have home phone or ethernet which is out of their control...how is that honest on Dish's behalf?

I actually used the remote DVR Access a few weekends ago. I was in Los Angeles and realized that I forgot to record a football game that was important to me. I got on my iPad, loaded up Dish Remote, and programmed it on the spot.

They already can track what you watch, they simply upload it when they look to see if you ordered any PPV....

I along with many others have already turned off land -lines so no advantage there, I watch 99% of my programming in HD now and suffer through SD so pretty much anything from DishOnline free is in SD so again no advantage there. I'm hardly in a position to wanting to manage my DVR outside of my house, easy to just set it up the day or days before so no real advantage there either. As for the Audit Nazis.. if you have less than 3 dual tuners its unlikely they will fool with you and if you do have more than that then as long as your honest then so what?

Naw I say yank the cords..you will see down the road they are prob going to start tracking what you watch, throw ads on your screen while you fast forward or rewind the DVR shows/movies you watch and much more. The pressure Dish puts on techs to hook up lines that don't exist most of the time is just beyond lame. They even hit techs for people that don't have home phone or ethernet which is out of their control...how is that honest on Dish's behalf?

probably going to track?? you don't honestly think they aren't already, do you?

probably going to track?? you don't honestly think they aren't already, do you?

Tracking viewing was the reason they tried to cut down Voom to select channels. They knew which ones weren't being watched much.

:up:up

wrong

I just checked things out some more.

The big deal is the PPV movies are for sale. I thought the DVR was for Digital Video Recording. I did not record these PPV movies. OK, so I have some cool "on demand" stuff on my DVR. Wrong. This "spam" is for sale at $6.99 each. I've been with E* for 5 years, I've never ordered PPV or special events. They should see my account profile listing, and know that I do not watch PPV.

It's an extra "key stroke" on my remote. Old release, I pressed "DVR" once. Now I have to press "DVR" two times. One to get to the "spam" menu, and one to get to my recordings.

Last is temptation. Guest or family members could shout out "Oh wow! The new Matt Damon movie! Let's order that on PPV right now...."
I do not order PPV, I do not want the 'temptation to be there.
What if I'm drunk and I press those PPV icons on accident? I could not cancel the PPV, I would have bought it. :tux: / :thumbdown:

Other part is change. I like my routines and stuff to be a like. I'm fine with the old release, I don't want to change.

- * - * not ranting or bitching to you. just answered honestly what my problems were - * - *

:)

It's always been 2 clicks to get to my media.

It's always been 2 clicks to get to my media.

Well actually not always. But it has been that way for quite some time now. There was a mass outcry when it changed from 1 press of the DVR button to 2 when the change occurred.

Besides the new crappy colors (can't wait till I have to explain this to my mother in law, why does the green guide not have the channels I'm looking for), one of the movies it tempts the children with is titled "KICK ASS". Bad idea dish. At least the "midnight lounge" respects the adult channel locks.

whatchel1 said:
Was that in some other model. I've had a 942, VIP 622 & VIP722k and it's seems to have been 2 for me in all those.

I honestly can't remember when the change was made but I'm 100 percent sure it was like that on the 942 and the 622 and 722 (for some period of time). I can't remember if it was ever like that on the 722k

Glad to hear I am not the only one with a 722 having problems locking up after this update. It's happened to me 3 times over the past 2 days where I am watching a recording, the remote no longer works, and about a minute later the 722 reboots on its own.

Bleh! Just what we need, one more step to get to our recordings, and through a crappy looking menu no less... good job Dish, because we like going through clunky menu systems! My inlaws already have a tough enough time managing the remote and menus as it is. :p

Not wild about the new GUI design...feels like a step back.

I'm wondering if this was precipitated/a response to the Tivo lawsuit--were they mandated to make these changes? Cuz it doesn't feel like a well-planned move forward from an interface design standpoint.

I just got my software update (#670) for my 722. While I like the concept from what we had before, it has bugs in it. When I try to look something up by name, title, or keyboard, it freezes up most of the time and I have to reboot it. Dish needs to send out another software update to stop this. It's gonna drive my wife crazy!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)