Has anyones Auto Hop stopped on OTA recordings?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bigdaddy10

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
Florissant, MO.
Just recently, I noticed that the 3 programs that I record OTA stopped embedding the Auto Hop on the recordings. I record Blacklist on NBC and Almost Human and Sleepy Hollow on Fox. A couple of months ago Blacklist stopped embedding Autohop and now the Fox shows are doing the same thing. Has something changed legally in regards to autohop on OTA recordings?

In contrast, the same programs that are recorded in PTAT do allow autohop. Just looks like OTA has stopped.

Fox KTVI - St. Louis
NBC KSDK - St. Louis

Just recently, I noticed that the 3 programs that I record OTA stopped embedding the Auto Hop on the recordings. I record Blacklist on NBC and Almost Human and Sleepy Hollow on Fox. A couple of months ago Blacklist stopped embedding Autohop and now the Fox shows are doing the same thing. Has something changed legally in regards to autohop on OTA recordings?

In contrast, the same programs that are recorded in PTAT do allow autohop. Just looks like OTA has stopped.

Fox KTVI - St. Louis
NBC KSDK - St. Louis

Watched Sleepy Hollow from OTA (different channels than your's) this week and auto hop was working fine.

Not sure what is going on. It always worked on OTA. For some reason it stopped. We did have bad weather and the fox channel was displaying school closings throughout both shows. I wonder if this may have affected the autohop.

Not sure what is going on. It always worked on OTA. For some reason it stopped. We did have bad weather and the fox channel was displaying school closings throughout both shows. I wonder if this may have affected the autohop.
BINGO!

I didn't know autohop worked on ota. That's useful. I assume I need to have PTAT enabled for a night..let's say sunday night, and anything I record on ota the rest of the week would have autohop as an option as it would with a sat channel recording?

Yes. As long as you have 1 day on autohop. All your OTA shows on the Big 4 will allow autohop. Yes it was the school closing ticker that caused the problem. Autohop worked this week.

It used to work when I first got my hopper back in 2012 ,but I don't record shows on ota anymore ,since all my locals are in hd on the satellite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts