Has Azbox fixed Diseqc 1.2 issue?

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I searched a few threads but didnt find anything

I have a azbox elite and have never had good results using Diseqc 1.2 on it. I will set it for say 72W and lock the channels. When I change channels on the same TP the dish will move. So right now its still "slaved"...Feed from 99W C-band and a feed from the 2 motorized units I have.

So have they fixed Diseqc 1.2 on the elite yet? Or am I doing something wrong when setting it up?

Tony, I'm tempted to try my new Prem Plus on running the Gbox, but I haven't done it yet. I'm looking at the Diseqc 1.2 menu choices, and MY CHOICE would be manually assign numbers for the postion. I will probably switch a couple cables and use the Azbox tomorrow sometime, so I'll let you know how that works out. I'm not that happy with the "deep" menu system of the Azbox, so I suspect that I'll keep it just hanging from some switches and not driving any motorized thing , long term. My Sathawk is running both dishes right now, Cband and Ku . The Sathawk has not had a single problem doing the job, either. Seems pretty smooth with both motor and Gbox. [edit] I'm running the 9.5020 firmware, for the record.
:)

It doesn't seen to be fixed yet Iceberg. It would work one day, the next day, it seemed to have shifted. I spent days trying to master it but no luck. Other users pretty much have the same problems.
I am resorting back to USAL. Radar and other guys swear by it. Now I am trying to get some kinks out of the mount I created for the SG2100 and Primestar 1.2 dish. Once I achieve that I would be set to go....

I have a problem with the Vbox but not the Gbox. The Gbox seems to stay on target. The Gbox is connected to my Elite. The Vbox is collecting dust.

ugh...guess it will stay slaved and I'll use the old Pansat to move the 2nd motorized (its only used when there are 2 good ballgames on) ;)

Iceberg I have Premium Plus, not an Elite, and am using it exclusively with DisEqC 1.2 with my Mesh Dish, Actuator, and Vbox III. I have 15 Sats scanned in and have had a few problems, but for the most part its working with the Existing Satellite List. I have had to create new Sats - 125.0W on KU Band, 58.0W on C Band, 63.0W on KU Band, and 103.0W on KU with the Pentagon Channel - got Tp 12100 at Q = 65!! 121.0W comes in beautifully on HD for Sports Time Ohio, and those ION HD Channels on 103.0W on C Band are great. Problems from Settings > Antenna Setup:

1)One of the most annoying things is no matter what you do when creating / and or scanning in a new Satellite is the East Side Limit gets created whether you want it or not, and the only way to get rid of it is to: Reset Limits, then Save, and Reboot right there in Settings Set up.

2)When you are setting up the Actuator after pressing DisEqC 1.2 and trying to adjust for the Strongest Signal the Tp list keeps defaulting BACK to the first Tp. If you exit out, the counts on the Actuator sometimes start moving up and down at Random! So the only thing I know of to do is to cycle the Actuator back and forth with the V Box III Remote control for the best Tp Signal, then go back into the DisEqC 1.2 Setup set it for that count, save it, then Reboot again. If you don't Reboot, as soon as you back out of DisEqC 1.2 motor control, the Dish starts moving at Random up or Down again!!

3)You may already know that the S and Q Levels on the Tp's are very slow to show up. You switch to a Tp then you sit and wait for the Signal Level to Show Up. Then you have to wait again for the Polarity to show up when you get NO SIGNAL by switching V & Q and it is slow to appear.

4)Also the Blindscan is very slow,- I do a Horizontal then a Vertical Scan on Each Satellite which is a bit faster then an ALL Scan and it seems to eliminate duplicate channels.

Its funny but the Motor Control and the Signal Levels were much faster to show up my much cheaper Viewsat Rx but.... you would lose everything at times when it got a braincramp, and it sure didn't have HD, AC3, or the great picture quality that the AZbox has.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I searched a few threads but didnt find anything

I have a azbox elite and have never had good results using Diseqc 1.2 on it. I will set it for say 72W and lock the channels. When I change channels on the same TP the dish will move. So right now its still "slaved"...Feed from 99W C-band and a feed from the 2 motorized units I have.

So have they fixed Diseqc 1.2 on the elite yet? Or am I doing something wrong when setting it up?

Ice,

I personally wasn't aware of this problem when using DiSEqC 1.2 positioning, but I may be using a totally different setup than you are.

Have you only used your Elite with a G-Box or V-Box to control a BUD? Have you ever used it with a H-H motor like the SG2100 / DG-380 etc?

I don't have a C-Band "BUD" dish nor any positioning signal converter box of any type. I have only used my Premium and Premium Plus with the H-H motors and I have not experienced any problems like you are describing (when using DiSEqC 1.2 or USALS).

My only problem with motor positioning was not limited to DiSEqC 1.2, but was also a problem using USALS. This was a corruption in the original "satellite / channel" listings. My satellites kept changing orbital positions when I added or edited a satellite (no problems when deleting them - but my intent was to add more sats, not remove them).

For example, if I had AMC 9 @ 83.0W and SES 1 @ 101.0W in my list already and then I added Galaxy 19 @ 97.0W... AMC 9 @ 83.0W would change to AMC 9 at 101.0W and it would actually drive the motor to 101.0W. SES 1 @ 101.0W and Galaxy 19 @ 97.0W would remain correct. I would delete AMC 9 @ 101.0W and add it back in as AMC 9 @ 83.0W and then SES 1 @ 101.0W would change to SES 1 @ 97.0W! If I kept trying over and over again, I would finally get the list totally correct and it would remain so, until I added another satellite. Then I might get lucky and all would remain well, but usually, I would have to start the whole process over again. It was like the "vicious circle" term we all hear about.

Performing the North Americanization of my satellite list (obliterating the factory list) cured this.

My problem as iterated above has nothing to do with what you are experiencing (at least I don't think it is related). Have you ever reported this on OpenSat's AZBox Bug Report / Suggestion site?
I would certainly recommend that if you haven't done so already. That is a really strange symptom. It almost sounds like the AZBox is sending out motor commands when it shouldn't be or the channel changing/frequency changing signals are so lousy that the V-Box or G-Box is reading them as motor commands. Hmm?????

Can these G/V-Boxes take USALS data and use that to control the BUD actuator? Or do they require the DiSEqC 1.2 format as their input command? If they could use USALS, you might try changing your satellites over to USALS positioning and run a test. That might help rule out some areas of possible fault sources (maybe).

RADAR

Last edited:
Have you only used your Elite with a G-Box or V-Box to control a BUD? Have you ever used it with a H-H motor like the SG2100 / DG-380 etc?
no G-Box...using a SG2100 on a 36" dish..

My only problem with motor positioning was not limited to DiSEqC 1.2, but was also a problem using USALS. This was a corruption in the original "satellite / channel" listings. My satellites kept changing orbital positions when I added or edited a satellite (no problems when deleting them - but my intent was to add more sats, not remove them).

Performing the North Americanization of my satellite list (obliterating the factory list) cured this.

I wonder if that is what it was. Right now I only have 3 sats logged in
-99W C-Band
-0.0 Motor
-0.0 Motor2

so if I manually add the sats (thats no biggie to do since I'm KU only) maybe that will fix it?

I had this same issue back in March but there has been updates since then so I didnt know if it was fixed
http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-discussion/206940-azbox-sg2100-dont-mix.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts