Has BBMP Service Gotten Any Better in the Phoenix Area?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hemway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Arizona
Anyone out there in the Phoenix area that currently has BBMP? Is the service any better?

I used BB for years before they went onto bankruptcy and eventually got purchased by Dish. Service was pretty good until Dish offered the BBMP to its customers and then the service turned to crap (at least in the Phoenix area). Only used Blockbuster for new releases so after the introduction of BBMP, just about everyone with a Dish HD account signed up and the service when down the tubes. It was taking weeks to get most new releases. Sure you had the option to return a mailed video to a local store, but you had to be mailed on first. Got sick of paying for a service that wasn’t delivering so I cancelled and went to Netflix.

Been with Netflix for a few months and have been living with the 28 day delay for some new releases but was wondering if the BBMP mail service in the Phoenix area has gotten any better. With Netflix I get an email notice on Monday that they mailed me the next new video in my queue and then receive it on Tuesday. We'll watch the video that night and mail it back the next day (Wednesday). I'll get an email notice Thursday morning that they received my return and if I have something in my queue that is available (usually do), I'll get another email notice later in the day saying they mailed that video.

I wanted to see if the BBMP was up to those standards again like it was in the good old days.

I live in Tucson, which is about 100 miles from Phoenix.

I have Netflix and the BBMP one-disc-at-a-time plan.

Netflix and BBMP both have distribution centers in the Phoenix area.

BBMP is much slower at sending a new disc than is Netflix:
Monday -- I returned a disc to Netflix and a disc to BBMP.
Tuesday -- I received emails from Netflix and BBMP telling me that they had received my disc and were shipping a new one.
Wednesday -- I received the new disk from Netflix.
Friday -- I received the new disk from BBMP.

Both envelopes said that they had been shipped via First-Class Mail, but for some reason, it took two days longer for the BBMP disc to reach me.

I would like to cancel my Netflix service and go with BBMP's 3-discs-at-a-time plan, but I won't until BBMP's service improves to the level of Netflix's.

Also, BBMP's website user interface sucks and is nowhere near as user-friendly and useable as Netflix's.

My hope is that BBMP's service will improve as it matures, and it might if enough people complain about it. I think that BBMP is sitting on a potentially huge revenue stream, but only if they greatly improve their service, in terms of timely delivery of discs and an improved user interface.

I live in Pensacola, FL and got my first disc from the Pensacola distribution center. The next two disc, I got from the Houston, Tx distribution center. I know there is a distribution center in Atlanta and Baton Rouge, which are both closer than Houston, plus there is one in Pensacola. So, why are most of my disc coming from Houston, which takes three days. The Pensacola disc came overnight.

Thanks SpencerCat. I experienced the same delays with BBMP WHEN they shipped a video. There service used to be as good as Netflix but since the bankruptcy and Dish buying them, their service has gone down hill so I dropped them and went back to Netflix 2-at-a-time plan.

If and when BBMP gets their act together and can supply the service quality that Netflix does, I'll go back to the 2-at-a-time plan with BBMP even though it'll cost more ($15 vs $14). Before someone out there says 'but you get those other HD channels', let me say that I had BBMP and never watched the extra channels (nothing interested me) and don't do the Blockbuster live streaming.

jerryez said:
I live in Pensacola, FL and got my first disc from the Pensacola distribution center. The next two disc, I got from the Houston, Tx distribution center. I know there is a distribution center in Atlanta and Baton Rouge, which are both closer than Houston, plus there is one in Pensacola. So, why are most of my disc coming from Houston, which takes three days. The Pensacola disc came overnight.

I also live on the Panhandle and can tell you that the distribution is dependent on availability. For instance, if dvd "x" is not available at the Pensacola center then they will ship from the next closest that has your title available. It appears that netflix has more copies than bb.

Of the two that I have got from Houston, one was listed available Now and the second was listed Short Wait.

Just checking in to see if the BBMP service in the Phoenix area has gotten any better. Are there any members out there in the Phoenix area (I live in Gilbert) that has BBMP? If so how is the service? Are they mailing new releases on Mondays so they get delivered on Tuesday? How about waits? If a movie gets released on a Tuesday and goes on wait in your queue, what type of wait are we usually looking at?

Please keep in mind, I only used the service for NEW movie releases on DVD (didn't fight the Blu-ray battle), didn't watch the extra HD channels, or use the streaming service.

So I guess all of the other BB@H customers dropped the service in the Phoenix area due to the lack of a response.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)