Has DISH discontinued the OTA dongle?

I'm hearing that the new OTA adapters will be available on Jan 24 for $59.99 each. At that time they will work like the old ones providing a single tuner. Software support to get the second tuner working is expected around May.
Since new software is required to get the second tuner working, I wonder if all of the OTA adapters have had two-tuner capability built-in all along, but never enabled, so those of us with the old OTA adapter will also gain a second tuner once the new software rolls out.

Since new software is required to get the second tuner working, I wonder if all of the OTA adapters have had two-tuner capability built-in all along, but never enabled, so those of us with the old OTA adapter will also gain a second tuner once the new software rolls out.

No, that is not the case. The old OTA adapters were single tuner and the new ones are dual tuner. The new ones are also twice the price that the old ones were. :)

I think that would be the textbook definition of "wishful thinking". :D

Reactions: navychop
Maybe, but Dish had two-tuner OTA modules for the "k" series of receivers long before the first Hopper OTA adapter came out, so it is not entirely inconceivable that they could have built that functionality into the old Hopper adapters as well, but never released it due to software problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts