Has there ever been a "suspend timers" function..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
on any FTA receiver?
...With the option for how LONG you want it to be so?

1 hour, 2 hours, 6 hours, 24 hours...

Another BASIC function besides reliable clocks we seem to miss in this hobby...
(I beat that problem with a U-verse 12-volt UPS on my FTA receiver, but it still somehow changes it's own time and date and there are no automatic updates turned-on, but that's another story.)

Since my last two receivers don't recognize the days of the week for recording, (Do any exist that DO recognize specific day recording?) and if you want a Monday through Friday recording you pretty much have to take it daily including weekends, or ...weekly, etc....

And with weekend programming varying from weekday, wouldn't it be nice to be ABLE to suspend the timers for "X" amount of time to allow for "other" manual recording and manually tuning to other programs? And shouldn't this be an EASY update to receivers like the Amiko Mini and the MicroHD given the simplicity of the idea?

Maybe this DOES exist and I've missed it somewhere? God knows the Amiko's manual is horribly deficient in instructions, given how many features it really has! It's a nice receiver...and I like it, but "little" details for us in our hobby would REALLY make these already cool receivers OUTSTANDING.

Thoughts welcomed!

We can hope! Or, that an update in firmware will give us this (seemingly, maybe is) simple option.

On the A3 you can schedule recordings to reoccur on specific days of the week.
You could even have it record every other day or every two days or whatever.
As long as it’s not Weigel content on 101w. Hopefully that will be fixed one day.
But other than that one little problem, yes, the A3 was a very powerful and flexible recording scheduler.
You can go in and turn that schedule to OFF which essentially suspends it until you reenable it by toggling it back ON.
I used to do that on my MicroHD by just changing the start date to like ~one year from now~ which would suspend the timer until that future date.
Once I wanted it back in use I would just change the date back to the next actual date I wanted it to start recording again.
To get like a monday through friday recording I would have to make five separate timers that recurred once a week or record 7 days a week and just erase the two weekend dud recordings.

But this, on the A3, is the coolest, best recording scheduler I’ve ever seen.

GET SCREEN SHOT 0.2994894804432988.jpeg

OOOH.....I think I want one of these receivers!! thanks, Dee Ann, I would not have known somebody actually put some thought into a timer system.
Now if we could only get an update for something similar on the mini!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)