Have Dish-want direct-Dish want fee to remove dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bela_blasko2006

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Bartlesville, OK
I have dish HD service with a 622 and a single dish 1000 dish. Dish wants 99 bucks to come out and remove this dish. I would like direct to stick the new dish where this dish network dish is mounted. I don't know much about removing the dish myself so will direct do this for me? I think i"ll be a easy install. can direct use the existing wiring?

I have dish HD service with a 622 and a single dish 1000 dish. Dish wants 99 bucks to come out and remove this dish. I would like direct to stick the new dish where this dish network dish is mounted. I don't know much about removing the dish myself so will direct do this for me? I think i"ll be a easy install. can direct use the existing wiring?

DIRECTV will probably remove the other DISH for you and can probably reuse the mount. :)

I doubt that the footprints are the same, buy more than likely they will take it down for you, just ask the guy kindly when he gets there.

I had dish for six years then switched to directv. The installer took down the dish, even though I wanted the directv dish in another location. No problem at all. I still have that dish in my shed. May make a bird bath out of it.

Heck, this house had 3 dishes (all dish) on the roof. The Directv installer removed all 3 for me. He took all the wiring and stuff down and with him.

He just said he could not take E* Dish's.. with him.

*so I donated them to a good cause....aka Shooting range

Liability would be the biggest question for me, if the roof leaks after removal of the dish who is responsible?

my D* installer removed the old D* dish that was on the roof when I had service installed. i don't know if its different because its a D* dish

Liability would be the biggest question for me, if the roof leaks after removal of the dish who is responsible?

I should clarify my previous post. Directv installer removed dish but left mounting bracket. Damage to roof was therefore mitigated.

I have dish HD service with a 622 and a single dish 1000 dish. Dish wants 99 bucks to come out and remove this dish. I would like direct to stick the new dish where this dish network dish is mounted. I don't know much about removing the dish myself so will direct do this for me? I think i"ll be a easy install.

Heard of a wrench? Remove the bolts that hold the mount pipe to the footer.
If it bothers you so much and you are so worried why not spend 2 minutes doing it yourself instead of calling dish.

Geesh, no body wants to do anything nowadays, they just want service.

Follow another posters advice and tell (don't ask) the directv installer to put the directv dish in the place of the dish network dish and reuse the wiring, then leave the old dish at the curb or drop the dish at a local thrift store, they will make a couple bucks off your misfortune, you would be surprised how fast it will disappear.

Directv has taken down Dish dishes for me and vice versa.

*so I donated them to a good cause....aka Shooting range

After Dish made me climb up on the third story roof and remove their lnb and mail it back to them, I took the dish down myself and wrote 'sucks!' under the word "Dish". Hung it up on one of the poles at the dump. It was still there many months later. I wonder if that sort of advertising was made up for by the cost of a used lnb.

Directv has taken down Dish dishes for me and vice versa.

After Dish made me climb up on the third story roof and remove their lnb and mail it back to them, I took the dish down myself and wrote 'sucks!' under the word "Dish". Hung it up on one of the poles at the dump. It was still there many months later. I wonder if that sort of advertising was made up for by the cost of a used lnb.

When I left Dish I told them the dish was on the roof. They waived the requirement to return the lnb for me.

Heck, the Dish installer tried his best to get my dish in a location that would pick up the HD channels. Finally he put it on the flat roof of my workshop behind my garage and "anchored it" to a flat cinder block. Ain't no thang to remove that one. And I never did have any reception problems.
Not sure where Directv will put my dish when I have them come out.

When I left Dish I told them the dish was on the roof. They waived the requirement to return the lnb for me.

Yeah, I told them the installer put it in a place that was extremely hard to reach, that I'd have to put a ladder up on the roof over the garage and then another ladder from there up to the upper roof, 40' off the ground, yada yada, and that I was in the middle of moving and didnt really have time to retrieve their lnb. I was told that was fine, they'd charge me something like $250 or $350 if I didnt return it.

Just about the worst conversation I've ever had with anyone on the service termination end of things. I kept escalating it but all they wanted to tell me was that the contract said I'd return it, and didnt say anything about them doing it for me.

Heard of a wrench? Remove the bolts that hold the mount pipe to the footer.
If it bothers you so much and you are so worried why not spend 2 minutes doing it yourself instead of calling dish.

Geesh, no body wants to do anything nowadays, they just want service.

Follow another posters advice and tell (don't ask) the directv installer to put the directv dish in the place of the dish network dish and reuse the wiring, then leave the old dish at the curb or drop the dish at a local thrift store, they will make a couple bucks off your misfortune, you would be surprised how fast it will disappear.

wow
like what if someone is scared of heights, doesnt have a ladder capable of reaching OR god forbid is handicapped.

Are you all those things? I doubt it, if so you would have mentioned it in the OP.

What is ironic (and funny) is you cancel dish, then you expect them to come out for "free" and remove the dish. Why not just put a classified out somewhere saying free dish for the taking, if you don't want to follow any of the advice you solicited? Tell directv installer to use the same spot and just leave the footer to prevent leaks. Problem solved.

Yeah, I told them the installer put it in a place that was extremely hard to reach, that I'd have to put a ladder up on the roof over the garage and then another ladder from there up to the upper roof, 40' off the ground, yada yada, and that I was in the middle of moving and didnt really have time to retrieve their lnb. I was told that was fine, they'd charge me something like $250 or $350 if I didnt return it.

Just about the worst conversation I've ever had with anyone on the service termination end of things. I kept escalating it but all they wanted to tell me was that the contract said I'd return it, and didnt say anything about them doing it for me.

gee I hope you didnt actually pay $250 for not returning an lnb, you could have got one off ebay for $5 and thrown that in the return box. They have no way of knowing the difference.

Are you all those things? I doubt it, if so you would have mentioned it in the OP.

What is ironic (and funny) is you cancel dish, then you expect them to come out for "free" and remove the dish. Why not just put a classified out somewhere saying free dish for the taking, if you don't want to follow any of the advice you solicited? Tell directv installer to use the same spot and just leave the footer to prevent leaks. Problem solved.

I see DISH dishes at peoples homes not being used all the time, I figured they didn't want them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)