Have new 722k with ehd on just one hdtv which mode is better single or dual?

gmitchell

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
Southeast Ohio
Tried to do a search but could not come up with answer to this question. I recently upgraded to a 722k for just one HDTV in the living room and took the EHD from the replaced 211 and added it to the 722k (didn't mind losing the recording on the EHD) I am currently running the system in dual mode is that the best option or should I just change it to single mode. Really love being able to record on on channel and then watch something else on another. Could not do it on the 211. Why I waited so long to upgrade is a question I cannot answer, but so far the 722k rocks!

Thanks in advance for helping me to determine which is the best mode to operate with.:D

Tried to do a search but could not come up with answer to this question. I recently upgraded to a 722k for just one HDTV in the living room and took the EHD from the replaced 211 and added it to the 722k (didn't mind losing the recording on the EHD) I am currently running the system in dual mode is that the best option or should I just change it to single mode. Really love being able to record on on channel and then watch something else on another. Could not do it on the 211. Why I waited so long to upgrade is a question I cannot answer, but so far the 722k rocks!

Thanks in advance for helping me to determine which is the best mode to operate with.:D

Single mode is the way to go. You get the benefit of Picture in Picture that way. That is the about the only difference you'd see between single and dual.

Miner

Wow I had no idea the 722 in single mode had its own built in PIP. That is pretty cool. See even after beening a dish customer for 5 years and reading these forms for about 2 years you still learn new stuff. Once again thanks Sat Guys.

Does this work on the 622 too?

Thanks guys I checked out the single mode and that is the way too go if you only are viewing one tv.. Once again SG members come through.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)