Pulling the Trigger: Questions to Two Separate Topics In Which Nobody Has Answers

The Fat Man

aka. Dr. Fat Man
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 2, 2010
Land where we pronounce our "R" as "ah"
1.) So this year I am going to be that guy who I get pissed at. I'm going to be the guy who asks the obvious MLB questions. Now that Dish picked up MLB Network, do you think Dish would bring back Extra Innings? After all, they lost EI because they refused to buy a stake in MLBN. I know that Dish doesn't own part of the network, but this must be a sign that Dish and the MLB are on speaking terms. What do you think?

2.) Recently Disney finally announced their launch date for their Disney Junior (and death date for SoapNet). I've read that Disney is trying to make new contracts for Disney Junior. So obviously, what does this mean for Dish? Could we possibly see one side blink in is bull crap war over paying for the same product in HD? How much does Disney Junior mean to each side? The current belief is that Disney will keep SoapNet in place for providers who refuse the new contract.

Why pull the dead horse out of its grave and beat it again? Well, the status quo might be slightly changing in these two issues.

Well some folks said never to MLB network,so I guess Can't say never to extra innings, but I can see the posts now on bringing EI up :)

I don't think it will bother Dish, I believe Disney will have to blink on this one. I think that is why Dish moved Soapnet to the barren wasteland of channel numbers. It is no where near anything Disney related now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)