Having issues picking up various satellites

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Of course, It is a proud! and all I owe to SatelliteGuys!:)

I hear you there! I know I could have not gotten going myself 3 years ago if not for this site and its helpful members! Iceberg and members like starman345 have helped me a great deal and even more so now when you know allot about it now but want to experiment with things. Most of the guys here are satellite veterans whether it is c-band or KU to 4D guys, they know their stuff!

Another thing that makes this site the best out there is its members, PERIOD! There is nobody here that plays favorites! Everyone is equal! Members here are eager to talk about things and are very helpful when a newbie needs help, remember we were all newbie’s once!

Yes for sure be very proud of that set up for sure. Anyone can get a motorized dish! You want the accomplished look! Looking for pictures soon magnigyro if you can, got to see that dish farm you got there for sure!

Sorry to jump off subject for a short there Randy1, had to get a Satellite Guys plug in there!

Again, Originally Posted by FTABman0
Yep, sounds like you are actually on 93°W! Slight re-tweak of your dish is in order. You are not that far off though.

You Are Very close Randy1!

B~Man
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

sat 43

I cannot get but one transponder from this sat. It has signal of 75. When I do a blind scan, I can not pict up anymore transponders. I am using an invaquad with a 22 switch. Do i have the right equipment for this sat? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! btw, i get hispasat 30 with no problems!

I cannot get but one transponder from this sat. It has signal of 75. When I do a blind scan, I can not pict up anymore transponders. I am using an invaquad with a 22 switch. Do i have the right equipment for this sat? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! btw, i get hispasat 30 with no problems!

Randy1,

I only get one or two TPs from this bird. I thing my eave overhang is partially obscuring my LOS. However, check your TP frequency and SR.

The one I get in is 11.953 V SR 3.125.

This is a weak satellite for me compared to 30.0W. 30W is pretty strong, but I cannot get that at all from this dish as it is shooting through the house.

I sometimes get TP 11.998 V SR 1.563 booming in at 90%Q on my Coolsat.

Try these two TPs on your system and see if you pick something up.

RADAR

12061 H is booming and that is it, I will try the one you mentioned!..... Cant get those either.

Thanks AcWxRADAR for helpine like you have over the past few weeks!

Randy1,

I only get one or two TPs from this bird. I thing my eave overhang is partially obscuring my LOS. However, check your TP frequency and SR.

The one I get in is 11.953 V SR 3.125.

This is a weak satellite for me compared to 30.0W. 30W is pretty strong, but I cannot get that at all from this dish as it is shooting through the house.

RADAR

Randy,

Sorry man... I made a mistake. I was thinking of satellite 43.0 W in the post above. On 74.0W I get only one TP consistently which is the same TP mentioned earlier in the thread, 11.734 H SR 6.616. the one that ONN is broadcast from.

RADAR

powervu on 82

Is this a station, If so, are you guys getting it?

Thanks!

Randy

Hi Randy,

PowerVu is a type of encryption. However, the Canadian provider for the satellite at 82.0W uses a lot of channel names with the word or letters "Vu" in them, so they may actually have a channel called Powervu. If they do, you won't be able to get it with a FTA receiver. You would need to subscribe to their service and use their equipment. You can detect the carrier signals from their satellite, which can sometimes be an aid in setting up a motorized dish and you might even scan some of the channels in, but you won't be able to view them.

They don't have any FTA channels like DN has with NASA or some of their information channels. I think their channels are all encrypted.

Gordy

82 has a HD channel FTA (but you need a HD receiver)
91 has some "how to" channel (like DIsh 101)

I can't say anything for certain regarding 82, but you are right, Ice, there are numerous "help" channels on 91W and a "What's On" channel. Nothing that you would realy want to watch, but will help in aligning a dish and or motor.

RADAR

I've seent he channel on 82. Its one of those channels (assuming) that the tech would turn on to show a new subscriber to Bell TV (formerly ExpressVU) what HD looks like

Its just a loop of HD bits from HD channels available

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts