having issues with new software

TheMightyFederer

Original poster
Sep 17, 2010
K.S.A.
guys,
plz help me
i made a format application area then i install a firmware and now the azbox shows me a black screen

what should i do???
the azbox screen display shows me nothing after booting, checking, and loading

is there something wrong??? plz tell me

guys,
plz help me
i made a format application area then i install a firmware and now the azbox shows me a black screen

what should i do???
the azbox screen display shows me nothing after booting, checking, and loading

is there something wrong??? plz tell me

Have a look at this post. If I'm understanding correctly, you may be at step 13. Scroll down to 13 and take a look.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-d...your-azbox-firmware-tutorial.html#post2045569

thx dude,
for this problem i made another format and wait for about 30 seconds (while the receiver was switched off) then switched it on and reinstall the firmware (i was using the SCART) and everything is back

but i have another problem which is the biggest and the most important one

i had a problem with my AZBox HD Premium which was that when i try to do anything in setup section the receiver asks me about the password which i don't have
some told me that the password is "0000" but it didn't work with me and some suggested to upgrade the firmware and i have upgraded the firmware to 0.9.4931 successfully

but when i went to the setup screen and tried to do anything
the receiver asked me about the password again and when i typed "0000" nothing changed at all

guys,
i'd ask u something else beside my problem
i wonna u tell me how to do anything in the setup section step-by-step and i wonna u c if my way is correct or not

i press the blue button (home) then i go to number 9 which is (sitting) and press (OK) button. -then "please wait..." appears to me for about five minutes then unfortunately an error message comes out to me says (Fail to receive data err=-1)-
after that i press (OK) button then press the (Right) button and press (OK) button *in this moment a message comes and asks me about the password* of course i type 0000 then "OK" button
then it brings me back to the left bar with no changes even if i press the left button the receiver asks me about the password again

(i wrote all of this just to make sure that i'm doing the right thing and to show u what i'm doing to find out a solution)

so, is there a solution for the password (to remove it, change it, or to know it)???
and what's that err=-1??? and what's the solution???
some suggested to format the application area then install a firmware again and some suggested to install the plugin "PRIORITY MANAGER V1.8" and do Reset Passwords
but these ways didn't work with me

so, plz tell me what should i do to remove this password
and i wonna format the whole receiver so that the password will be deleted then i install a new software and firmware
so, how can i do such things? and where can i find the software?

i'll be waiting for ur help
so, plz don't let me down

when u r at the sitting screen (Setup screen)
when u press the right button (at ur remote control) at any choice of the Setup left bar the receiver asks about the password, and when i enter the password nothing happen (it doesn't tell that if the password is correct or not) it brings me back to the left bar instead of allowing me to be at the right box (where i can edit what i wonna), and when i try another time to to go to the right box it asks again about the password and again and again ...
*wish u get it*

so, what do suggest to me to do?
thx in advance

when u r at the sitting screen (Setup screen)
when u press the right button (at ur remote control) at any choice of the Setup left bar the receiver asks about the password, and when i enter the password nothing happen (it doesn't tell that if the password is correct or not) it brings me back to the left bar instead of allowing me to be at the right box (where i can edit what i wonna), and when i try another time to to go to the right box it asks again about the password and again and again ...
*wish u get it*

so, what do suggest to me to do?
thx in advance

Only the parental control asks me for a password on the Elite. Maybe your premium is different. You may have to try and reset to factory default to get rid of that. You can search here for how to do that. Maybe someone who knows more can help you.

DOM in the Azbox = DiskOnChip Flash Module it's basically the chip that the data is stored on.

sounds like you need to find a different forum i ask questions on this forum havent got any answures back try this forum satfix lot better folks and well help you on this box i ask ice burg in a privte meassage they never replyed back

MightyFederer and Dino.tee,

I responded to your dilemna in another thread, but then I read this one too.

Here I see that at least you (MightyFed) have already tried to format the application area. Since the password problem still existed after doing so, I wish you to try the FACTORY RESET option in the menus. If that does not cure the error, then I would recommend that you re-download the firmware file that you were using or better yet, download a totally different FW file and use that instead and repeat the whole process (format app area and factory reset).

I am fairly well convinced that you have something corrupt in your firmware file that is causing this issue. It is definitely software or firmware related and cleaning the slate is going to be the best procedure, but the procedure to clean it completely is something that we will have to figure out on our own. No one has written out any official procedure and step-by-step process regarding this (yet).

We are all still young guinea pigs with this Linux based receiver and we need to learn a few new tricks. Some of us have Linux training and experience, others, like myself, are nearly lost in the woods so we have to feel our way around in the dark. That's ok though, I like the outdoors and the woods! LOL

Read my response to the other thread, first.

A NOTE TO ICEBERG: This thread and the other should be merged, I think. They are parallel posts in theme.

RADAR

thx dude,
for this problem i made another format and wait for about 30 seconds (while the receiver was switched off) then switched it on and reinstall the firmware (i was using the SCART) and everything is back

but i have another problem which is the biggest and the most important one

i'll be waiting for ur help
so, plz don't let me down

I had same problem It is not a FW problem it is
Channel list just load any good list and back to normal no more password.

good luck

Pardon me for being late to follow up.

I don't know if you guys have resolved this issue or not. I don't have any answers for you either, but near as I can tell, it sounds like someone may have purposely or inadvertently changed your parental password from the default of "000" to "????".

I have been looking for posts and threads relevant to this issue, but haven't found anything specifically related yet. Found several things related to the WiFi or FTP/TelNet login and password, but not the internal PW.

I believe that there is a MASTER PASSWORD that you can use to override any other, but I haven't found that information yet. I have seen a thread where master PWs are listed for multiple other boxes, but the AZBox was not listed in those that I saw.

I hope that you two, dino.tee and MightyFederer are not dissapointed with your request results here from satelliteguys. I wish that I could have provided the solution, but I simply don't know and haven't yet found the answer. It appears that no one else here has run into this situation themselves, either.

PlumberGuy, I think this PW issue is a little different than what you expect. I think it has a simpler cause, but a more difficult repair.

If I find out anything, I will post right here for you.

RADAR

hmmm. checked out satfix... IMHO it's Garbage.

sounds like you need to find a different forum i ask questions on this forum havent got any answures back try this forum satfix lot better folks and well help you on this box i ask ice burg in a privte meassage they never replyed back

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)