HBO/Cinemax and Non W5 services To Be Deauthorized December 29th

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
When are you guys going to listen to me? Things will work out, give it a chance. Do you honestly think Skyvision and SRL would have dumped tall $$$$ into all this if they want it to fail. They are committed and I think there doing very good considering all the BS that has come down this year and the latest hurdles. Listen to this crazy old satellite dude once in a while :D

I just finished reading the entire thread. The more I read about the Discovery channel and contact information, the more I have become agitated. The Discovery Channel is all about the bottom line -- $$$$$. They will give you the appearance of transparency of their intentions and the words of hope. What a crock!!

I have had personal dealings with the Discovery people, and know the owner (founder of the Discovery Channel) John Hendricks. He is a so-called neighbor of mine. He and his people put on a front of "transparency" , but the end result will be what is good for them and what they think is good for anyone else.

Oh...I could go on and on and on about the past years of his "good neighbor" routine. :rant::rant:

Keep those complaints going to Discovery. I don't believe being nice or being nasty will have an effect. If Discovery sees a way of making $$$ out of the way their programming is transmitted to C-banders and a way of making $$$ without losing their a$$, they will do it.

I will not check out any DVD's from the library to watch having to do with the Discovery Channel or watch any program on satellite associated with the Discovery Channel. If I were, I would only think of the way Hendricks and his constituents have lied, swindled, and been deceitful to people.

The way I know him, it would not surprise me one bit if he were Charlie's guidance. :)

On a lighter note -- save money by visiting your local library online or in person. They should have hundreds of DVD movies, travel movies, educational, etc. a person can check out at NO COST (your property taxes pay for your library). Our library has a MARMOT system in which numerous libraries are a part of. If the local library does not have the movie, the movie may be able to checked out from another library. I've checked out movies from libraries over 100 miles away from the main branch. And I get to keep the movie for two weeks before having to turn it back in. :)

Desertnight
"Up in the sky"

When are you guys going to listen to me? Things will work out, give it a chance. Do you honestly think Skyvision and SRL would have dumped tall $$$$ into all this if they want it to fail. They are committed and I think there doing very good considering all the BS that has come down this year and the latest hurdles. Listen to this crazy old satellite dude once in a while :D

Ah...the voice of reason!
Hard sometimes to keep a level head and not caught up!
Nothing can really happen until Moto drop out fully (IMHO) - so patience is a virtue!

Ah...the voice of reason!
Hard sometimes to keep a level head and not caught up!
Nothing can really happen until Moto drop out fully (IMHO) - so patience is a virtue!

Tonight Motorola at 10pm CST is going to either drop the 4096 EMM or Change the Catagory Monthly Keys on most of the DC2 out there that the Motorola SAC controls. This will render those channels unwatchable for us. The W5 stuff will stay active till the 4th of Jan in the afternoon then Switch to the Comcast (HITS) SAC.

Once the Motorola SAC is removed 100% testing will then be able to be done for multiple satellites etc. Right now is still too early so YES patience is a virtue! I'll add good things come to those who wait. :)

Hell Ya It worked we did it:):):):)

You guys did it! Thank you for representing SatelliteGuys so well by working with Discovery and being Polite.

Because of your hard work the Discovery Suite is going to be available!

Mike Kohl mentioned your politeness being a major factor being a major force in your success!

Good going and THANK YOU for being true SatelliteGuys!

You guys did it! Thank you for representing SatelliteGuys so well by working with Discovery and being Polite.

Because of your hard work the Discovery Suite is going to be available!

Mike Kohl mentioned your politeness being a major factor being a major force in your success!

Good going and THANK YOU for being true SatelliteGuys!

Yes, But it seems a little expensive. Wasn't it way cheaper before? It seems like Discovery decided they would play for higher pay.:D

Yes, But it seems a little expensive. Wasn't it way cheaper before? It seems like Discovery decided they would play for higher pay.:D

No it was always more on W5

Here's the deal on the HD thing, yes I understand that it takes money to invest into DCII Hd, but the reason why interest hasn't been shown for DVB S2 masters is because they are not offered. Its one of those things that your dammed if you don't. In order for interest to be shown, you have to offer them!

I think once S2 masters were opened up for subbing, and word got out, subscription numbers would sore. I wish I had the money, I would fund it and make it happen!

Here's the deal on the HD thing, yes I understand that it takes money to invest into DCII Hd, but the reason why interest hasn't been shown for DVB S2 masters is because they are not offered. Its one of those things that your dammed if you don't. In order for interest to be shown, you have to offer them!

I think once S2 masters were opened up for subbing, and word got out, subscription numbers would sore. I wish I had the money, I would fund it and make it happen!

I agree and why wasn't it done when the numbers were around 200,000. Maybe because Mike M was running the show and wanted to show his crappy uplinks instead and failed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)