HBO is BACK on DISH

Reactions: TheKrell
It is a clear-cut case of censorship! Dish did not want word of this uplink getting out on the most popular Dish discussion site on the entire internet! It is a conspiracy, I tell you!!!
:onstrike
Release the crodrules cut!!!

Anyway, I did promise to continue providing my weekly uplink report summaries / explanations in that HBO thread (before it got deleted) for the remainder of this month, before starting my new series of monthly uplink report threads next month. I refuse to use this thread for that purpose, out of protest. So, I have moved up my timetable. Instead of starting my series with an August uplink thread at the beginning of August as I had planned, I will instead start it with a fill-in uplink thread for July in the middle of this month. I will link the new thread below.

It is a clear-cut case of censorship! Dish did not want word of this uplink getting out on the most popular Dish discussion site on the entire internet! It is a conspiracy, I tell you!!!
:onstrike
Release the crodrules cut!!!

Anyway, I did promise to continue providing my weekly uplink report summaries / explanations in that HBO thread (before it got deleted) for the remainder of this month, before starting my new series of monthly uplink report threads next month. I refuse to use this thread for that purpose, out of protest. So, I have moved up my timetable. Instead of starting my series with an August uplink thread at the beginning of August as I had planned, I will instead start it with a fill-in uplink thread for July in the middle of this month. I will link the new thread below.

Well I for one will be anxiously waiting next Wednesday and will be prepared for disappointment :biggrin

Instead of starting my series with an August uplink thread at the beginning of August as I had planned, I will instead start it with a fill-in uplink thread for July in the middle of this month. I will link the new thread below.
Well I for one will be anxiously waiting next Wednesday and will be prepared for disappointment :biggrin
New thread available now:

I stand by my prediction from the old thread that HBO and Cinemax will not be returning next Wednesday. I explained my reason for this prediction in that thread. So, those of you who have read that thread may get the joke. Since that thread is no longer available (and I refuse to re-post my earlier comment) then everyone else is left out of the joke. ;)

Revisiting this return of HBO/Cinemax to the Dish lineup, it should be known that the sale of Direct to TPG is not yet complete, but is apparently very close. This may be what needs to happen before HBO/Cinemax can make its appearance on Dish.

Revisiting this return of HBO/Cinemax to the Dish lineup, it should be known that the sale of Direct to TPG is not yet complete, but is apparently very close. This may be what needs to happen before HBO/Cinemax can make its appearance on Dish.
Dish and att just signed a 5 billion dollar wireless deal...my guess is HBO will be up Wednesday

Dish and att just signed a 5 billion dollar wireless deal...my guess is HBO will be up Wednesday
Actually, I think those are two different things. One hurdle that needed to be overcome was the FCC authorizing the transfer of Direct's satellite licenses to TPG, but that has now happened apparently clearing the way for the completion of the sale.

Actually, I think those are two different things. One hurdle that needed to be overcome was the FCC authorizing the transfer of Direct's satellite licenses to TPG, but that has now happened apparently clearing the way for the completion of the sale.
Kinda..but customers on the att network still get free hbo

Someone on that other forum posted that they actually saw HBO as a channel option in the On Demand channels, and saw one show available to watch for free. That "error" has now been fixed and HBO is no longer showing up in On Demand.

As to Scott's post, yeah...it looks like they went with old descriptions for older shows they're offering for free (Ballers, Westworld, Big Little Lies, etc.), and NO DESCRIPTION for the newer ones (Mare of Easttown, The Stewardess, Perry Mason, etc.).

Reactions: charlesrshell
Someone on that other forum posted that they actually saw HBO as a channel option in the On Demand channels, and saw one show available to watch for free. That "error" has now been fixed and HBO is no longer showing up in On Demand.

As to Scott's post, yeah...it looks like they went with old descriptions for older shows they're offering for free (Ballers, Westworld, Big Little Lies, etc.), and NO DESCRIPTION for the newer ones (Mare of Easttown, The Stewardess, Perry Mason, etc.).
I believe that this may be indicative of behind the scenes activity which Scott's comment was likely alluding to. Obviously something is going on. I thought Dish would have waited until the Olympics were over.

I believe that this may be indicative of behind the scenes activity which Scott's comment was likely alluding to. Obviously something is going on. I thought Dish would have waited until the Olympics were over.

Holding a NDA with a company to test things means sometimes you can't talk about things happening behind the scenes, and not able to talk about them until they are made public. (or until you are told you can publicly say something)

There are lots of times I see things... which I can't say what they are. Other times I see thing and am not sure if everyone can see them or if its only just me.

There are times I know more then I can say... then they are other times when I know nothing. And in some of these cases there is nothing to know or see.

Confusing? Yes! But its what I deal with on a normal basis.

Do I know something? Maybe. But I can't say... for now. :) Hope this makes sense.

Now get ready to go watch some good TV and enjoy. :)

Last edited:
There are lots of times I see things... which I can't say what they are. Other times I see thing and am not sure if everyone can see them or if its only just me.

There are times I know more then I can say... then they are other times when I know nothing. And in some of these cases there is nothing to know or see.
For some reason, this reminds me of Donald Rumsfeld who eloquently stated:

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts