HD Absolute - how long?

This has weekly ratings:
Top Cable Networks

And Speed is pretty far down the list.

Well I guess all those yapping about the Speed-HD is just a small loud minority.
I thought as much. :tux:

-
Total Day Average Viewers (Live+SD)
Network (000s)
NICK 2,478
NAN 1,669
USA 1,614
DSNY 1,460
FOXN 1,208
ADSM 1,103
TNT 1,064
TOON 1,057
TBSC 1,027
A&E 865
LIFE 802
TRU 764
HIST 716
SPK 708
ESPN 704
DISC 700
FX 699
FAM 676
HALL 647
FOOD 645
HGTV 633
CNN 631
AMC 567
TVLD 558
CMDY 554
SCIF 547.................Kind of surprise to see Sci-Fi this high up
TLC 505
NOGG 483
LMN 470
BET 454..................................BET.
VH1 449
MSNB 447
MTV 437
BRAV 398
EN 363
APL 349
HLN 335
ESP2 318
TWC 292
CNBC 283
NGC 266
GSN 266
OXYG 256
WGNA 246
DXD 225
CMT 221
TTC 216
SOAP 172
ID 170
SPD 166..............................Speed
WE 161
DHLT 161
THEN 152
NKTN 150
DSCI 118
HI 115
GOLF 112
BIO 109
TVGN 106
TV1 100
VS 97
G4 95
DIY 93
STYL 90
MTV2 88
GALA 87
MIL 80
BBCA 66
ENN 62
REAL 55
GAC 52
ESPC 45
NFLN 41
VH1C 28
MUN2 26
FUSE 26
FSC 21

IF the Viacom HD channels do launch, it will be an interesting day for Absolute subs.

The Turbo subs are seeing CMT, Comedy Central, and Spike in SD. As an Absolute sub, I am only getting CMT & Comedy Central in SD. Hmmmmmmmmm :confused:

Guess this adds to the potential of "what if's" for National HD for April 1st. !sadroll

HD Absolute customer here. If I just get Comedy Central I'll be pretty happy. Feel indifferent about CMT. Others like SpikeHD, NickHD, etc. will be gravy.

As I've stated before, I'm getting a really good deal with DishHD Absolute. E* will have to add a LOT more channels to the TurboHD packages to convince me to change. E* literally must turn DishHD Absolute into a bad deal versus a good deal. The math on it is not going to lie. Until the mathematical balance shifts clearly in black and white I am not going to switch.

HD Absolute customer here. If I just get Comedy Central I'll be pretty happy. Feel indifferent about CMT. Others like SpikeHD, NickHD, etc. will be gravy.

As I've stated before, I'm getting a really good deal with DishHD Absolute. E* will have to add a LOT more channels to the TurboHD packages to convince me to change. E* literally must turn DishHD Absolute into a bad deal versus a good deal. The math on it is not going to lie. Until the mathematical balance shifts clearly in black and white I am not going to switch.

Well put! As a fellow Absolute Subscriber, I could not have agreed with you more :up

I have Absolute HD and really want the Fox New (and Fox Business). I hope at least the Fox News comes when (if) the Viacom channels are added. I called the CSR a few weeks back and the supervisor told me he was adding it to my line-up and that it would be active within a few minutes. After 30 min I called back and the next CSR sup'v said that they could not send me SD channels to an HD-only account...."that would not be fair..." Anyway, I don't have them and want them bad!

I have Absolute HD and really want the Fox New (and Fox Business). I hope at least the Fox News comes when (if) the Viacom channels are added. I called the CSR a few weeks back and the supervisor told me he was adding it to my line-up and that it would be active within a few minutes. After 30 min I called back and the next CSR sup'v said that they could not send me SD channels to an HD-only account...."that would not be fair..." Anyway, I don't have them and want them bad!
They obviously don't know what they are talking about.

"We're adding it"
"That wouldn't be fair"
"TurboHD doesn't even get them"

E*, why even have them if you aren't going to let so many people not even view the channels???

Oh, what the heck: +6 :up Absolute Forever

Let's see how many Absolute customers there really are...

+8 -- and I recently Dish'd it up to get a 722 (in addition to my 622), and was able to keep the Absolute package. The first CSR didn't think it was possible, but when I called back I got somebody else who figured it out.

+8 -- and I recently Dish'd it up to get a 722 (in addition to my 622), and was able to keep the Absolute package. The first CSR didn't think it was possible, but when I called back I got somebody else who figured it out.

+10 (I think) Yes I was able to recently upgrade a 622 to a 722 to go with my 612 and I was able to keep the Absolute, but they wouldn't allow me to get the three months of free Starz for being paperless, the CSR said I "had to have a real package to qualify for that promotion" and her list didn't show the Absolute as being a real package.

On the bright side, since we've been given CI and JBET we still have all the HD that is available to any HD package. All we don't have is FOXnews and none of the TurboHD packages have it either.

That's awesome. Congrats!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)