HD Absolute - how long?

+22, imo, best deal around. Was paying ~ $81 a month before (top 200 + hd pack), cut the bill to about half that, didn't have to give up much in return. I'm a happy camper, wife misses soapnet (General Hospital, Nite Shift) and one other channel, she got over it (yeah, I'm still payin' for that every once in awhile:D)

+23 I am glad I found out about Absolute here also! I see Absolutely nothing promised or inferred that would make me even think about changing my programing. :cool:

Last edited:
No count

Can't bump the count up on this I posted already EARLY in the thread. But they will have to get BBC America and bunch others to drag me out(kicking & screaming) of Absolute. :D

I wish I had gotten in on the Absolute pack. I came over from D* in November and signed up for the Bronze TurboHD. I still save a lot of money compared to D* though. $52 plus taxes vs. over 90 bucks with the current monthly increases for both companies. I do miss a few channels, but I too have quite a bit of stuff on both DVRs. It'll take me most of the summer to watch all the stuff I've been saving. Plus with the 3 months free Starz and HBO I'm stockpiling movies to watch later.

There are no channels HD or SD currently in existence for which my lust would be great enough to overcome the price difference.

+27 I love my hd absolute subscription!
29.99 absolute
5.00 locals
5.99 DVR fee
7.00 2nd hd receiver fee
4.99 dish cd music
$53 total monthly cost :)

+31
I'd like Fox News, but I'm not willing to double my bill to get it. I often wish I had the guts to go with free TV only, but I think I'll want Absolute HD when I retire. Of course if I am able to retire 11 years from now, I will have paid almost $4,000 to have cheap TV in the year 2020. But by then regular Dish subscribers will be paying $500 a month, and we Absolute HD customers will still be paying just $30 a month plus $100 in taxes to help pay off the stimulus package. What a deal!
(Oh, and the minimum age to retire with Social Security will be 87.)

+33. If I end up getting to keep Comedy Central after this whole mess shakes out, I'll have everything I need. They'll have to pry the remote from my cold dead hands.

Looks like Absolute got the viacoms!

oops.. don't have vh1 hd or mtv hd in my guide at all (all chan)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)