HD Absolute - how long?

Absolute + $10/mo Colored Package = Fox News HD ??

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]OK, so help me out here. The Dish CSR tells me via IM that I can add a colored package to my HD Absolute package for $10/month in order to get Fox News HD (after he waffles a bit).
Does this make any sense?
---------------
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](03) Jeff M: I see that the Fox News channel is now available with Silver, Bronze HD, Gold HD packages which are $10 a month each.
Me: so are you saying there is no way to get it with the Absolute package (switch to a colored package) or that I can pay $10/mo and add it.
(03) Jeff M: How ever if you want to add this channel you need to remove the current Dish Absolute package from the account.
Me: i don't want to loose my current package. I'd just like you to add Fox News to it.
(03) Jeff M: If you wish you can add any one of the above packages for $10 a month.
Me: So it would be HD Absolute + silver, gold or bronze HD for the cost of Absolute + $10?
(03) Jeff M: Yes absolutely correct.
[/FONT]

Unless they did something new I would say he is wrong!!!
Be very careful. :eek:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]OK, so help me out here. The Dish CSR tells me via IM that I can add a colored package to my HD Absolute package for $10/month in order to get Fox News HD (after he waffles a bit).
Does this make any sense?
---------------
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](03) Jeff M: I see that the Fox News channel is now available with Silver, Bronze HD, Gold HD packages which are $10 a month each.
Me: so are you saying there is no way to get it with the Absolute package (switch to a colored package) or that I can pay $10/mo and add it.
(03) Jeff M: How ever if you want to add this channel you need to remove the current Dish Absolute package from the account.
Me: i don't want to loose my current package. I'd just like you to add Fox News to it.
(03) Jeff M: If you wish you can add any one of the above packages for $10 a month.
Me: So it would be HD Absolute + silver, gold or bronze HD for the cost of Absolute + $10?
(03) Jeff M: Yes absolutely correct.
[/FONT]

the turboHD'ers are getting fox news now?

I wouldn't touch that deal with a ten foot pole, you're almost certain to lose absolute and see your costs skyrocket in the process (then again, if Fox news is worth $10/month to you already..??? )

Don't do it

They will leave your HD absolute alone but and the package at full price. They did it to me saying it would get me the free prem's for 3 mnths. They had screwed my acct so much I was having to work w/ceo group and got it fixed. They wound up having to refund me 165 and it f' up my bank acct. Which will show that I had over drafts which i didn't E* just screwed up and ran it the day before they were to do it. But the overdrafts will screw my credit 4-ever.

That's why I asked. Their CSRs have not impressed me in the past as having all the facts straight. Does someone else want to inquire with them and see if you get the same answer?
Did you try emailing ceo@ dish network . com?

I'd be interested to see what they have to say. That's one of the more reliable sources - and if you get it in an email - you'd have a better chance of holding them to it.

Try it, be our guinnea pig - and we'll all be the better for it. :D

Did you try emailing ceo@ dish network . com?

I'd be interested to see what they have to say. That's one of the more reliable sources - and if you get it in an email - you'd have a better chance of holding them to it.

Try it, be our guinnea pig - and we'll all be the better for it. :D

I sent an email. I'll let you know what I find out.

back when I got absolute, it was the only HD only pkg
and the sales guy told me that when Dish adds more HD channels I will get them all automatically and for free, but i see here that was only true for 2008
a little dissapointed about that to the say the least,

someone here indicated that us with absolute can stick with it forever at the same price of $30, is this really true and how would you know this?
I signed a 2 yr commitment like probably most of us, due to expire in mid 2010
I guess what I'm asking do we really know we can just extend this agreement repeatedly without price adjustments?

the turboHD'ers are getting fox news now?

I wouldn't touch that deal with a ten foot pole, you're almost certain to lose absolute and see your costs skyrocket in the process (then again, if Fox news is worth $10/month to you already..??? )
I'm definitely not getting it... I don't think its possible right now...

They will leave your HD absolute alone but and the package at full price. They did it to me saying it would get me the free prem's for 3 mnths. They had screwed my acct so much I was having to work w/ceo group and got it fixed. They wound up having to refund me 165 and it f' up my bank acct. Which will show that I had over drafts which i didn't E* just screwed up and ran it the day before they were to do it. But the overdrafts will screw my credit 4-ever.
Overdraft does not screw up ur credit if you pay it. If you do not pay it will. Do you plan on not payin?

back when I got absolute, it was the only HD only pkg
and the sales guy told me that when Dish adds more HD channels I will get them all automatically and for free, but i see here that was only true for 2008
a little dissapointed about that to the say the least,

someone here indicated that us with absolute can stick with it forever at the same price of $30, is this really true and how would you know this?
I signed a 2 yr commitment like probably most of us, due to expire in mid 2010
I guess what I'm asking do we really know we can just extend this agreement repeatedly without price adjustments?
No contract never had one, just absolute.

I don't think you can extend an agreement that is no longer offered as a package to switch/add/subscribe to.

I think you'd just be on a month to month setup and hopefully not have your rate go up so high that you have to drop/switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)