HD-DVR died, anywhere I can buy a new HR-20, HR-24 etc?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I swear y’all are making this way harder than it needs to be. Any time you want a receiver to be replaced, buy an HDDVR (HR20 - HR24) or HD receiver (H20 - H25) with access card on eBay or similar website. Without the card, you would be asking for trouble.

Once the receiver arrives, use live chat with any agent and ask for receiver activation. Give them the receiver ID, access card, serial number, and model number. If they ask about the receiver, claim it was an additional receiver and not a replacement. Make sure to say that DIRECTV sent you the box. After a few minutes, they activate it.

I swear y’all are making this way harder than it needs to be. Any time you want a receiver to be replaced, buy an HDDVR (HR20 - HR24) or HD receiver (H20 - H25) with access card on eBay or similar website. Without the card, you would be asking for trouble.

Once the receiver arrives, use live chat with any agent and ask for receiver activation. Give them the receiver ID, access card, serial number, and model number. If they ask about the receiver, claim it was an additional receiver and not a replacement. Make sure to say that DIRECTV sent you the box. After a few minutes, they activate it.
If this works, it certainly isn't the norm. They know what is and isn't on your account, what has and hasn't been sent to you from them. If it works great, but don't assume that it will.

Reactions: Jimbo

If this works, it certainly isn't the norm. They know what is and isn't on your account, what has and hasn't been sent to you from them. If it works great, but don't assume that it will.
Hmm. I have a HR54 from GoodWill I would love to activate and replace one of my 3 HR24's with. (I bought it for the 1TB hard drive to use in my computer. $10 for a 1TB hard drive).

Crap I just remembered, I would have to upgrade my LNBF first because the HR54 has so many tuners it kicks my HR24's off. My LNBF only supports 8. Is there a way to disable tuners on a HR54 because I don't need that many without clients.

Hmm. I have a HR54 from GoodWill I would love to activate and replace one of my 3 HR24's with. (I bought it for the 1TB hard drive to use in my computer. $10 for a 1TB hard drive).

Crap I just remembered, I would have to upgrade my LNBF first because the HR54 has so many tuners it kicks my HR24's off. My LNBF only supports 8. Is there a way to disable tuners on a HR54 because I don't need that many without clients.
You would have to have a SWM LNB in order to have a HR54, so That would be the LNB you need, no reason it should not work with other recvrs ....
How many HR24 ect do you have ? You said you don't need all that many tuners ... the HR54 has 5 and 2 for each DVR.

You would have to have a SWM LNB in order to have a HR54, so That would be the LNB you need, no reason it should not work with other recvrs ....
How many HR24 ect do you have ? You said you don't need all that many tuners ... the HR54 has 5 and 2 for each DVR.
I have a SWM-8 LNBF. 3 HR24's = 6 tuners. Swap one for a HR54 = 7 + 4 = 11 tuners. I need a SWM-16 LNBF.

I have a SWM-8 LNBF. 3 HR24's = 6 tuners. Swap one for a HR54 = 7 + 4 = 11 tuners. I need a SWM-16 LNBF.
Yes, there are limits on the number of tuners available per set up ...

Why not just order a SWM-16 and then you can use everything ?

Did you not tell D* what you were doing when you added recvrs ?
They should have come out and changed it , in order to have the set up you requested.

Or this one ...
Amazon product ASIN B01AIOOLH0View: https://www.amazon.com/DIRECTV-21-Tuner-Slimline-Dishes-3D2LNB/dp/B01AIOOLH0/ref=asc_df_B01AIOOLH0/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198070148102&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1284502340158539598&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1024025&hvtargid=pla-390851998947&psc=1

Yes, there are limits on the number of tuners available per set up ...

Why not just order a SWM-16 and then you can use everything ?

If I'm buying a new LNB I might as well invest in a reverse band.

Did you not tell D* what you were doing when you added recvrs ?
They should have come out and changed it , in order to have the set up you requested.

I think you missed the 1st half of Post 45...

I also wouldn't want to buy a new LNB just to find out they won't activate the HR54.

Sorry about that ...
You got a HR54 from Goodwill, yes, I missed that ...
That HR54 probably should have been sent back, I would first contact D* to see if they will even activate it, according to thier rules, they should not ...
If they do and you need a LNB, yes I would also go with a reverse band, even though, the reverse band stuff has pretty much been abandoned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)