hd dvrs now only 149 dollars

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
Although it shows 199 on the directv.com website. The hd dvrs are now only 149 dollars. Posted from my EVO.

Is there a graphic that says special offer? They commonly offer certain existing accounts $50 off receivers online?

I know my account has had that offer for a few months severL times.

I agree with you Jason, My account is often offering a HR DVR for $149 as well.

I might do it but they still need to give me a AM21 to replace everything the HR20 does ... so essentially, it's $200 for it all in my case.

The HR-24 isn't really a "must have"; the HR-22 and 23 work perfectly fine as well. "must have" means light years or head and shoulders better.

The HR-24 is faster than HR-22/23. The HR-24 has built in DECA, and also has a Capacitance touch buttons on the front, making for a much cleaner look.

shows as an option for me

attachment.php

but honestly I'd get a R22 from solidisgnal for 99 bucks. Its basically a HR22 or HR21 (I forget) that can be used on a SD account but if you have HD it automatically adds HD. I have the HD GUI and its very fast

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 664
I think anytime you activate a new receiver you have to sign a new two year contract.

It's basically like a cell phone. A new Iphone 4s is not $200 alone. Your basically giving $200 for the device, and signing a contract which means you promise to pay them for the next two years.

Of course, a small portion of your monthly bill goes towards the device cost.

Now with Directv, a HD DVR is $199 (price is for the sake of argument).

Let's say full price of the HD DVR is $600.

Well when you pay $200 for the device, your contract says you will pay Directv for the next 24 months.

So for grins and giggles, $16.66 dollars is taken out for your bill each month for the device cost. Which equals $400 for the 24 month commitment.

I don't know much about sales, but I believe you can get up to 4 rooms free, so it is best to get all needed receivers at the time of signing up as a new customer.

I think anytime you activate a new receiver you have to sign a new two year contract.

It's basically like a cell phone. A new Iphone 4s is not $200 alone. Your basically giving $200 for the device, and signing a contract which means you promise to pay them for the next two years.

Of course, a small portion of your monthly bill goes towards the device cost.

Now with Directv, a HD DVR is $199 (price is for the sake of argument).

Let's say full price of the HD DVR is $600.

Well when you pay $200 for the device, your contract says you will pay Directv for the next 24 months.

So for grins and giggles, $16.66 dollars is taken out for your bill each month for the device cost. Which equals $400 for the 24 month commitment.

I don't know much about sales, but I believe you can get up to 4 rooms free, so it is best to get all needed receivers at the time of signing up as a new customer.
during initial setup 1st hd dvr is free, 2nd is 99, after that its 199 each

I just got an additional HDDVR for my bedroom for free....had to sign a new two year agreement, but oh well, I'm very happy with the service and didn't plan on switching anyway.

I just got an additional HDDVR for my bedroom for free....had to sign a new two year agreement, but oh well, I'm very happy with the service and didn't plan on switching anyway.

Neither do I. Where I plan on moving too has charter. Even If I took my discounts off my monthly bill, Charter would still be more expensive.

I agree with you Jason, My account is often offering a HR DVR for $149 as well.

I might do it but they still need to give me a AM21 to replace everything the HR20 does ... so essentially, it's $200 for it all in my case.

Me too. I ain't giving up my 1TB OTA tuning HR20 until they pry it from my cold dead hands. The AM21 I bought to go with my HR24 lasted hardly a year and I hear it ain't covered under the maintenance plan. I should call but calling DTV CSR's = PIA.

The HR-24 is faster than HR-22/23. The HR-24 has built in DECA, and also has a Capacitance touch buttons on the front, making for a much cleaner look.

It anit that much faster at all and anything that happens to be built-in or looks nicer; doesn't make it a "must have" or make it operate any better; its simply convenient.

The HR-24 isn't really a "must have"; the HR-22 and 23 work perfectly fine as well. "must have" means light years or head and shoulders better.
my HR22 is slow enough for me to say that the 24 is a must have :(

Does the R22 record HD?

It anit that much faster at all and anything that happens to be built-in or looks nicer; doesn't make it a "must have" or make it operate any better; its simply convenient.

I have a an Hr22 AND AND HR23..All of my Hr 24's are way faster. I mean not even close.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)