HD Locals and Dish Pointing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

oc_skip@yahoo.com

Original poster
May 21, 2008
OK here is the skinny. I live in an area where I do not get any locals. So I have been for some time been using another address I have in a big city 3 hours away as the service address, although the equip is at my other home. Deal is that the HD local channels do not come in - although I do get them in non HD. I have tried my best to repoint my sat - get many other HD's - just not locals. Contacted D* and told them I move between homes 6 months a year - which is true - and they said I cannot move my leased equip to a new address w/o buying it. Conversation went downhill from there. I have been with d* for almost 10 years.

Question is. If I get my Sat pointed better (I can only get 35% on 103cb and 50% on 99s. Tried and tried to get them better but cold not do it. Guy at D* said it would never work and I am in violation .... Question is - why would it not work?? Align to my current home sat coordinates, get locals from service address??? Is it simply a dish pointing issue or will it never work.

I'm guessing that 3 hours away is out of the big city's spotbeam. As the crow flies mileage is key here, not travel time.

As for the semi-annual moves, I think you should try again. Conventional snowbirds have reported success with this kind of activity for some time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts