HD locals for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA timeframe??

If your INFO has the HD superimposed on the Right side it is the HD feed. This does not mean you will always have WideScreen. All programs are not fed in HD widescreen, but those are upconverted with BLACK BARS on the side to fill the screen. Each station can put different images here, but BLACK has been settled on since that is what the networks did with their early mixture of non-widescreen with widescreen.

HD can still be HD if it is not widescreen, but usually only SD is there transmitted as Widescreen HD. There are 32 formats of HD and not all are widescreen, but they are usually not used.

Most public thinks anything widescreen is HD and that is not true. Local newscasts shown in widescreen may only be widescreen SD. It happens.

OK, help me get this straight....I live in 17837 (Lewisburg, PA). Have a single SuperDish, and never added HD because of issues with the locals. What specifically should I tell them I want to make sure they get this right? (I take it I need to have the dish replaced so I can get on the EA?)

Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out how to get these channels in HD before college football starts. I'm so happy I may even keep Dish when my sub is up now!

OK, help me get this straight....I live in 17837 (Lewisburg, PA). Have a single SuperDish, and never added HD because of issues with the locals. What specifically should I tell them I want to make sure they get this right? (I take it I need to have the dish replaced so I can get on the EA?)

You want the EA (with a 1000.4) dish and HD (which comes with locals). You'll get the SD locals (actually downconverted, center cut locals as all are in HD) with the current package, but you want the EA. $15 with maintenance, $95 without, plus receiver for HD

Are they gone ?

I have the Scranton networks subscribed but used to get them on the conus beam in Costa Rica. Did they move them or changed to spot beams ?

Tx:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)