HD locals for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA timeframe??

They aren't going to waste conus Bandwidth on a Tiny Local DMA. Like Scranton Wilkes Barre.

Major Citys are Conus, and most of those are now being switched to spotbeam only, because they take up less space and distantnetworks are becoming a thing of the past.

If the 77 has no spotbeams, I doubt you'll see anymore locals put there.
You'll be waiting untill E*15.

In the Mean time All American Direct might be an option.
Granted its not cheap , but its better then nothing.:)

That isn't the case... they wasted bandwidth on the small Lake Charles, LA on 77...they even had to duplicate two locals from Beaumont that was on a spotbeam on to 77. They could have put it on a beam on 129 and wouldn't have had to duplicate things.

. They could have put it on a beam on 129 and wouldn't have had to duplicate things.
I'm sure there are reasons.

1/8 of Scranton DMA without HD locals is Hardly sorry to say, a Major problem.

Yes for the 5 people in this thread its a major problem, and I agree its a major problem.
But SD locals are on the 119 so your not without locals, and thats what their major concern is.

E* isn't going to put all the Scranton DMA on the 77, My guess , Mostly International will be put there.
Not when they will have a nice brand new replacement at the 61.5.

Based on the comment
Well this is interesting... the local dealer says that they were just informed by highly-placed sources at Dish yesterday that the Scranton HD locals will remain at 61.5, but will be available to everyone when Echostar 15 is in place, probably in August.
and since E15 is conus only, the only thing Dish can do to fix the market is put it Conus on either 61.5 or 77.

The only other way to fix the market is if shutting off the Conus beams on E12 allows them to increase the power of the spotbeam, thus making it large enough to cover the market. But I don't know enough about the former Rainbow 1 to say if that's possible.

Question,

Now that E15 is on its way to 61.5. Will we be getting the new HD Channels, Some EX. (E,G4,Hallmark) or will we need to get Eastern Arc Setup still.

You'll still need to get the Eastern Arc setup, unless Dish changes their plans again.

Looks like we will able to finally put this issue to rest... these HD locals were added to a CONUS transponder on 61.5 last night. I hear they should be active in a week or two.

Looks like we will able to finally put this issue to rest... these HD locals were added to a CONUS transponder on 61.5 last night. I hear they should be active in a week or two.

:eek: I am speechless! Sure, I was told we'd have locals in HD in a week or two about three years ago when I subscribed to HD, but this time it isn't E* telling me, it's Digi!! @party

This is HUGE news for a lot of us!! Thanks for your continued interest in our saga and keeping us posted, Digi. I am guessing that there are going to be a lot of moving trucks being used in the next couple of weeks!

Awesome! I really hope this is true! Just out of curiosity, at the time that I was set up on EA there really wan't anything on 77. Is that still true? Only reason I ask is because we are currently on a 61.5/72/110/119 setup. This would offer us the opportunity to drop to a single dish solution and run a cable from the 77 port on the 1000.4 to my dpp44.

Situation summary and clarification.

I just want to make sure I completely understand this. Currently a lot of us have a two dish setup (one for 119/110 and one for 61.5) and we aren't able to get HD locals because we are out of the spotbeam coverage. Does the moving of our HD locals to a CONUS transponder on 61.5 mean that we will be able to do a full switchover to Eastern Arc and go to one dish?

If so, just to clarify, would switching to EA then allow us not only to receive our HD locals, but also to receive the "new" HD channels that were added a couple months ago (not-so-new-anymore) that we don't currently get?

If that's the case, would there be any reason for those of us in this situation to NOT want to get switched over to EA (are there any downsides to EA for us) or does it become a no-brainer?

Here's the channels that will launch on 61.5 CONUS.... if these are all the locals you need then yes a EA dish would work fine after this.

5150(16) - WNEP [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar6 61.5W TP 26 ConUS beam (Mkt:Wilkes Barre, PA-Scranton, PA-ABC) (NA)
5151(22) - WYOU [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar6 61.5W TP 26 ConUS beam (Mkt:Wilkes Barre, PA-Scranton, PA-CBS) (NA)
5152(28) - WBRE [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar6 61.5W TP 26 ConUS beam (Mkt:Wilkes Barre, PA-Wilkes-barre, PA-NBC) (NA)
5153(56) - WOLF [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar6 61.5W TP 26 ConUS beam (Mkt:Wilkes Barre, PA-Hazleton, PA-FOX) (NA)
9249(38) - WSWB [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar6 61.5W TP 26 ConUS beam (Mkt:Wilkes Barre, PA-Scranton, PA-CW) (NA)
9250(53) - WQMY [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar6 61.5W TP 26 ConUS beam (Mkt:Wilkes Barre, PA-Williamsport, PA-MY) (NA)
9251(44) - WVIA [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar6 61.5W TP 26 ConUS beam (Mkt:Wilkes Barre, PA-Scranton, PA-PBS) (NA)

I have the EA, and get locals in HD from Scranton/WB. I'm not sure though if you would lose anything swithing from a 2 dish system. I've only had the EA setup. If you have any questions on what channels I get, I would be glad to answer them.

Here's the channels that will launch on 61.5 CONUS.... if these are all the locals you need then yes a EA dish would work fine after this.

Will they stay on CONUS? Could they be testing the uplink on a free CONUS TP during the transition, and later turn on more spot TPs on E12 and move these?

Any idea when will these links be turned on?

According to digi's prediction from a post in another thread, 8/18 (see bold below)...

I posted this to the Pub members a couple of days ago to give them a shot at things and thanking them for supporting the site. I have additional info on which locals in each market and where they are being launched that will be posted in the Pub.

Enjoy and thanks being a part of SatelliteGuys!

Of course this data is subject to be changed and should be consider a rumor (strong one though).

HD Locals

8/11:
Augusta (GA) (119 beam)
Davenport (77 conus)
Evansville (77 conus)
Macon (77 conus)
Monroe (LA) (77 conus)
Paducah (77 conus)
Pittsburgh, PA (77 conus)
Rochester (MN) (119 beam)
San Angelo (119 beam)
Shreveport (119 beam)
Wichita (119 beam)
Wilmington (77 conus)

8/18:
Bangor (ME) (61.5 conus)
Rochester(NY) (61.5 conus)
Traverse City (61.5 conus)
Wilkes Barre/Scranton (61.5 conus)

I believe Wilkes Barre/Scranton will go 8/18 to a CONUS beam on 61.5 due to their spotbeam not covering the entire DMA.

I hope this rumor comes true!!!

OK now let me get this straight. The Locals will be in HD on 61.5 Last month they came and set me up with 129 119 110 so I could the 27 new HD's like Epix and BBCAmerica HD. So I still won' t get the HD locals. I'm gettin really tired of this.

OK now let me get this straight. The Locals will be in HD on 61.5 Last month they came and set me up with 129 119 110 so I could the 27 new HD's like Epix and BBCAmerica HD. So I still won' t get the HD locals. I'm gettin really tired of this.

Interesting. They should have put you on EA with 119 (i'm pretty sure) for sd locals. It's strange how they aren't consistent about anything. They moved you to WA, they've added a third dish for a number of people to pick up 72, and in my case, they put up the EA dish with a dpp44 giving me 61.5/72/110/119.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts