HD locals for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA timeframe??

Looks like I have to move to get locals in HD for NFL tonight. Anyone have a suggestion for a CONUS to move to? I was in NY and it went spotbeam a while back. I am too far for their spotbeam.

This is REALLY frustrating!!!!!

Looks like I have to move to get locals in HD for NFL tonight. Anyone have a suggestion for a CONUS to move to? I was in NY and it went spotbeam a while back. I am too far for their spotbeam.

This is REALLY frustrating!!!!!
Are you too far from Philly? See what TP 11 comes in at.

If not, Burlington, NY should work for you, it's on the same spotbeam as Scranton.

Thanks, Derwin0. I will check the TP11 signal when I get home this evening. What would you consider an acceptible signal strength to go with? (I am assuming it's the 61.5 sat, right?)

Thanks, Derwin0. I will check the TP11 signal when I get home this evening. What would you consider an acceptible signal strength to go with? (I am assuming it's the 61.5 sat, right?)
Low 30's is about the bottom of the barrel. I'm in Newfoundland Pa and Philly spot beam is 47-53 on average. 30 is ok on a good day, but if its raining you might end up in the Teen or less. Not good.

Locals in 30 to 45 days

According to last nights charlie chat, we should be getting our locals in 30 to 45 days. Keep fingers crossed.

HD Locals Scranton/wilkesbarre

They put up the list of upcoming markets for HD Locals and said within 30 to 45 days for wilkesbarre, pa

I don't know if they were specifically referring to Wilkes Barre in the Charlie chat last or not (DVR'ed it to watch tonight), but even if it was, I am not holding my breath. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but we have seen this before. In the July 10th retailer chat WB/Scranton was specifically mentioned with a date of July 30th. That didn't happen and in the next chat it was changed to Fall 2008. I have also seen screenshots listing it for "by the end of the year". I don't put much faith in their release dates. I sure hope this one is right, though!!!

I have seen a gazillion threads from people saying some of their local channels (for other areas) are having price disputes with Dish so not all are lit. Do any of you know if any of the WB/Scranton stations are having any major problems with Dish? Just curious how many stations we should expect to see once Dish finally gives them to us.

Hopton, your right not specifically referring to Wilkes Barre. They were referring to the list and wilkes Barre was on it. I will not hold my breath, either, we were promised in the past and did not happen. we can just hope.

I called Miss Cleo and her crystal ball said SOON.......The I watch the Charlie Chat and they said SOON...30-45 days for a bunch of markets. I guess Miss Cleo was right :)

Well guys, theres good news and bad news... The good news is that our locals are on the uplink report today. The only one mentioned in the channel additions is WNEP and it's just the addition of the OTA subchannel for the EPG. (Does me no good since I can't get OTA here, but good for some of you!)

Now the bad news... ALL four of our locals are mentioned in the "channel removals" section. That's right, folks, all of our HD locals that were uplinked back in May have been removed. One step forward two steps back...

Let's hope they go back up "soon"!

I never thought I would say this, but after 11 years with DISH, and no local HD, I'm finally on the edge of the cliff and ready to jump. Charlie....HELP!!!

I figured I would see a response from you guys. This sucks, huh? Kind of ironic timing, but I sent an E-mail to each of the big four stations in our area asking about when E* would be broadcasting their channels in HD. I heard responses from 2 today that said they didn't know when it would be. I have no idea how the contracts work, but I do know that I received an E-mail from the engineer at WNEP (one that was removed on the uplink report today) that stated " [FONT=&quot]I have no idea why Dish is not carrying locals in HD. We do have an agreement with them to carry our HD signal.[/FONT]"

I don't understand why E* would pull a station that was already uplinked (and has been for quite some time) that they already have a contract with. It makes no sense to me, but what do I know. I guess today wasn't "soon" enough. D* carries them and it's pretty frustrating!

For what it's worth, the WNEP engineer said that they are planning on switching the Williamsport area translator from analog to digital somewhere around next August 2009. When that happens some of us will be able to get it in HD OTA. Heck, maybe even before we get it from E*!!

Hang in there guys!

The only reason I can think of that they would've cleared all that space on 61.5 is if they wanted to use it for more HD channels for Eastern Arc. Which would be a crock, because existing subscribers can't get Eastern Arc yet plus the SD channels have lower resolution. But I don't know whether the transponders can be switched from spot mode to CONUS mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts