HD Locals Question In Columbus, Ohio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JayPSU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Westerville, Ohio
Philly HD Locals

Can anyone tell me where the Philly HD locals are located? Due to LOS issues I will be an Eastern Arc subscriber and I'm concerned that the locals will not be available to me. Thanks!

Spot beam? So it's not like the old days where I could "move" to my parents house in Philly and get the locals on a conus beam? The issue I'm going to have here in Columbus, Ohio is that my locals are on the 129 I think which I cannot get. Basically I have trees all along the area from the 101 to 129 satellite locations which is why Dish's EA is my only satellite option. Are there anymore locals available on conus anymore? Where would I have to "move" to get hd locals? Anyone from my area have a similar issue?

Aren't there any Ohio locals on the eastern arc?Without going to the list,I'm guessing either Columbus,Cincinnati,or Cleveland,would be in your spotbeam.

Cincinnati locals are still on 77, CONUS.

Still chaps me that they couldn't have moved Cincy to spotbeam and left Pittsburgh alone. :(

I'm looking into getting Dish Network but the issue I'm going to have comes out of the fact that I will HAVE to be an eastern arc customer. I cannot access the satellites from 99 to 129 as I have a wall of trees in the way there. From what I understand, the Columbus locals are only on the 129 satellite, correct? Given this, I may have to "move." What areas are close enough that I could access on spot beam with the eastern arc setup? What conus locals could I access with the eastern arc setup?

I'm looking into getting Dish Network but the issue I'm going to have comes out of the fact that I will HAVE to be an eastern arc customer. I cannot access the satellites from 99 to 129 as I have a wall of trees in the way there. From what I understand, the Columbus locals are only on the 129 satellite, correct? Given this, I may have to "move." What areas are close enough that I could access on spot beam with the eastern arc setup? What conus locals could I access with the eastern arc setup?

You might like Cincinatti on 77w

Sent from Galaxy S4 using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)