HD NFL Games

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmac

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
Senoia, Georgia
Did anyone else not have any HD feeds of the games yesterday. I wasn't getting any HD games so I called D* and I was sent to tech support they told me they new about it and that they were trying to rectify the problem. They said that it was not their problem but a problem with the feeds that they were getting. I was getting the Jets in HD no problem! Well after looking around I wasn't getting the mix channels or red zone channel. Did anyone else have this?

So, I called D* at 2:00 yesterday when I got home and noticed that my HD TIVO recording of the Bears game had nothing but a blue banner saying call 721. I called and after the initial phone responder telling me to reset all of my receivers with no result they patched me through to tech support. Tech support tells me that D* was experiencing trouble with their HD feeds and that it was not D* problem it was the feeds that they were receiving. I said that I was getting the regional game (Jets) I just wasn't getting any other HD games. She assured me that it was the feed issue. I told her it would be nice to put up a message on the channel that they were experiencing technical difficulties so that I didn't have to call and go through resetting all my receivers (TIVO which takes awhile). She told me to tune back every once in a while to see if the feeds are back. So like an idiot I watched the SD games and kept flipping back to the blue banner. Needless to say they never came back.

This morning I came to the forum to see the heavy traffic about the HD feeds and found nothing. I posted this to see if anyone else had a problem, nothing! I call D* and they said, oh sorry sir but this year you have to be a Superfan to get HD. I said you've got to be kidding. I am a SF and I've been since the beginning and I got a new receiver from the letter that you sent me and a rebate for next year. I told her the above story and as she was trying to renew my subscription (very nice person) she said that the lady on sunday should have realized that I wasn't getting the picture because I wasn't a SF, for some reason when I initialized my new receiver they dropped my SF. So she was kind of laughing cause I was saying you mean that lady yesterday was feeding me a line about the HD feeds. So the conversation went on and then she said well let me see what I can do for you since you didn't get your games. She said well you are getting all our specials so I really can't do anything. I said I don't really want anything everytime I get some kind of special I get HBO or Showtime and I don't watch them and it ends up costing me more. I think the last great free 6 month offer cost me 2.99 more a month. Who is benefitting? Not me! I don't watch the new channels and then I pay more and they benefit.

So now for some reason they think that everytime I call I'm trying to get something for free. I just told a friend to go with D*. He signed up and told them I referred them and they set up an appt to install the equip (HD TIVO) and on the day that they are suppose to be there, they never show up. The people that were suppose to come called him and said they didn't have the equipment so they were going to postpone. So, he calls up D* and they said he was never scheduled for an appt but that he could schedule him and it was going to take about a month. This was supposibly a supervisor. My friend was upset and saying things and the supervisor said, we never had you scheduled and we think that you're just trying to get something for free. My friend is now staying with cable and questioned my knowledge of D* as a good service.

This is extremely frustrating. Arggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I had the same problem where the superfan "dissappeared" from my account. I typically just call the retention number, they have MUCH more knowledgable (and much more helpfull) people there.

My understanding is the retention # is out of service. Do you have a working number?

timmac said:
I just told a friend to go with D*. He signed up and told them I referred them and they set up an appt to install the equip (HD TIVO) and on the day that they are suppose to be there, they never show up. The people that were suppose to come called him and said they didn't have the equipment so they were going to postpone. So, he calls up D* and they said he was never scheduled for an appt but that he could schedule him and it was going to take about a month. This was supposibly a supervisor. My friend was upset and saying things and the supervisor said, we never had you scheduled and we think that you're just trying to get something for free. My friend is now staying with cable and questioned my knowledge of D* as a good service.

This is extremely frustrating. Arggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Your friend's experience sounds very similar to mine, about 6 weeks ago I ordered a bunch of HD upgrade equipment from DirecTV, the bill being over $800 (before rebates), but when the guy showed up to install it (several hours late) he barely spoke English and didn't have the equipment, then he said (so far as I could tell) that he was going to try to go buy the receiver at Circuit City and would be back in 20 minutes. He never came back, and by then business hours were over so I couldn't get in touch with anyone. When I finally did get in touch with them the next day they claimed they had called me back and rescheduled for a few days later. So I got angry and cancelled the order, then went and got the stuff from Circuit City myself and got it all working no problem (well that's the short version but anyway). So a week or so later I hadn't got the refund so I called and they said they were escalating it to their finance department, but that was all they could do because it is not possible even for them (the cust service reps) to reach their finance department by phone. I am not making this up. So in the meantime I had a bunch of stuff going on with Circuit City involving refunds so when I called my CC company to get my transactions it doesn't say who they were from so I couldn't tell for sure if the refund had gone through, so I decided to wait for my statement. Statement came last Friday, no refund. I cancelled the order on August 25. So I called back today, and the rep told me...that she would escalate it to the finance department. As I started to lose it she said that I was correct, it did say that it had been previously escalated but she was not sure why it hadn't gone through. But all she could do was escalate it, and couldn't give me any other numbers to call. I think possibly Bin Laden is holed up in the DirecTV finance department, it would seem to be the most inaccessible place in the world. I asked what I was to do if it didn't go through and she said to call back the customer service number in a couple days, but it might not go through because "They are dealing with a lot of issues because of the hurricanes."

A couple years ago I would have said DirecTV's customer service was excellent, I used to go on and on about it to friends, but since they re-won the Sunday Ticket contract they seem to have abandoned all pretense of customer service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)