HD Sports Programming

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobraus

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
connecticut
I am in the regional area for tha Yankees Red Sox and Mets. I can get the Yankees in HD on channel 95 but cannot get the Mets or the Red Sox. I called DTV about this and I was told that someone would call me. Of course, no one did, Does anyone have an answer about this situation ?

bobraus said:
I am in the regional area for tha Yankees Red Sox and Mets. I can get the Yankees in HD on channel 95 but cannot get the Mets or the Red Sox. I called DTV about this and I was told that someone would call me. Of course, no one did, Does anyone have an answer about this situation ?

It depends on where in CT you are. If you are in Fairfield county, then you are in the NY dma. That means you should get YES hd on channel 96 in mpeg4. Anywhere else in CT means you are in the Hartford dma and not qualified to get YES, NESN, or SNY in hd in mpeg4, although you will get many Yankee games on channel 95 in mpeg2 in hd. I hope this helps.

Thank you this does help although it is puzzling since this is big Red Sox territory as wellas Yankee territory. I also get the Mets on SNY. This territorial stuff is awful.

bobraus said:
Thank you this does help although it is puzzling since this is big Red Sox territory as wellas Yankee territory. I also get the Mets on SNY. This territorial stuff is awful.

Sure is! Next year when the new sats go up, there will likely be enough bandwidth to have all of the local rsn's in hd when available.

Status
Please reply by conversation.