HD Upgrade

Status
Please reply by conversation.
HD-Source, thanks for your post. I am guessing the CSR's have been instructed to give this information out since it sounds similar to what I was told. I'm implying from your post that the first gen H20 will also need the firmware update. Is that correct? This leads the question then, what is the difference from the late model H10 and first gen H20, other than the H20 not having an OTA.

@JSB - Np just glad to see D* finally give out some real answers versus the usual "I don't know". Hmm, If I recall a few weeks back I think Robert from this site mentioned the differences between the H10 & H20 models. If I can find the post again I will reference the link in this thread.

Just got my new Samsung 61" 1080p HDTV can't wait to see some more HD content. Sadly I must admit till the new Spaceway birds (1 & 2) are operational and D* has control of them that's when we will see new HD channels. Looks like this brings up another interesting point, ESPN2-HD will most likely miss it's original D* HD schedule date. Check ESPN's website for more info.

I know I read it somewhere that ESPN2-HD for D* is scheduled for 9/05? or close to it.

Look for more updates to this thread as I get the scoop!

*PS* If anyone has any questions on the new 2005 Samsungs 61" 1080p HDTV leave me a PM. Once I get together a FAQ I'll post a new bulletine in the proper forum.

riggscm said:
IMO the most well known although not very widespread use of a RISC based consumer product is/was the PowerMAC.

And the IBM AIX platforms... Supposedly, the new Xbox360 also is going to be using RISC processors.

HD-Source said:
D* CSR said - "The H20 model should be out in the 3rd quarter of '05 but only ready for select [12] cities in the USA, no schedule yet as to how they will do the upgrade plan for existing H10 people." "We (DTV) will swap out H10 models as needed to make the move to MPEG4" (he wouldn't coment to saying if this upgrade was for free :( )"As for MPEG4 this will happen on H10 STB via a firmware update manufactured after Feb 05" (? how will we know this???) "and should also be available in the 1st generation of H20 STB's."

The date of manufacture is on the back of the receiver.

riggscm said:
PC's use a CISC (Complex Instruction Set Computer) processor.
Actually you're right, my bad.

But I'm standing behind my other statements about ASIC chips.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)