HDMI Cable 129.00?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

igator99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Sorry I can't see paying so much for a wire. What is this stuff made out of gold? Anyone knows where you can find them cheaper than Best Buy or Circuit City?

Try Walmart...I got one there several months ago for around $50 for a 6' HDMI...just checked and they have a 6' on special for about $29.

spectrumsp said:
Try Walmart...I got one there several months ago for around $50 for a 6' HDMI...just checked and they have a 6' on special for about $29.

Thank you I will do just that. I can't believe what they want for them at CC and Best
Buy.

CC and BB make a crapload of money from their overpriced cables. The "monster" cables sold there don't really seem to be of better quality than something you can get online for much much less. I got my 6' HDMI cable online for like $30 and it's been perfect.

I'll never buy cables in a B&M after seeing prices online. You know why when you go and buy a printer it doesn't come with a USB or LPT cable? It's because the stores have forced companies like HP to not include cables in box so that the store can make a hefty profit on an otherwise $8 cable.

I've also purchased a number of cables from monoprice.com. All seem to be good quality and are much less expensive than the store cables.

:D

igator99 said:
I can't believe what they want for them at CC and Best
Buy.
If you need one "now", get the AR brand from BB. Half the price of Monster and just as good.

If you can wait a day or two, then monoprice.

As herdfan said, just get the AR brand, I have and it's a lot less than the monster cables, which are priced at ridiculous levels.

PoitNarf said:
CC and BB make a crapload of money from their overpriced cables. The "monster" cables sold there don't really seem to be of better quality than something you can get online for much much less. I got my 6' HDMI cable online for like $30 and it's been perfect.

I'll never buy cables in a B&M after seeing prices online. You know why when you go and buy a printer it doesn't come with a USB or LPT cable? It's because the stores have forced companies like HP to not include cables in box so that the store can make a hefty profit on an otherwise $8 cable.

That is rather evil but hey I guess it makes good business sense.

Try pchcables.com, I know him here in Oregon, and he's always got great deals on cables.

igator99 said:
From the CC website the HR20 doesn't come with one.
That's a shame. I know it was a load off my mind that the cables, other than optical audio leads, were included. And you're absolutely right, it shouldn't cost $129.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)