HDMI Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
I got a Phillips 50" HD tv. I have a HD DVD player and just ordered a Coolsat 8000HD receiver :)D !) and I have been thinking going HD with Directv.
Problem: How do I hook them up to my HD tv? Is there some kind of switch available to help put the HD items to the tv? :confused:

My TV is two years old and has one HDMI, plus two Component inputs, all of which are hi def.
Newer sets have several HDMI, generally.
So, I use the three inputs I've got . . .

Switching HDMI with an external box is a subject I don't even want to touch on. :rolleyes:

edit: oh, and it has a couple of VGA/DVI connectors I could use from my computer.
Those'll do the def! - :up - Almost forgot 'em. :)

My Directv H20 receiver has HDMI & component HD outputs plus S-video and a couple composite analog outputs. Only output it doesn't have is RF (channel 3 or 4). All of the outputs are active. In fact I feed a RF modulator with the S-video output and have channel 4 going to a nearby bedroom TV.

If your HDTV has any combination of HDMI and component inputs that total 3 you should be OK.

Is your HD DVD a Blueray or the now defunct Toshiba format? or just a upconverting DVD player.

The 8000 will hook up with just the HDMI cable...both visdeo & audio go through it

I have my 8000 hooked up that way to my 42" Panasonic

the Quali is set up on the other HDMI slot but using a DVI cable

if your saying you dont have enough inputs get a audio video receiver, it will give you 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound as well as many ports to use for switching pick a device on your receiver and it pops up on your tv, a little pricey but i recommend the SONY ES series, very good and easy to setup along with every feature you could probably want under the sun, i have Sony STR-da5200es

Great!!! Thank you all for the input. I checked Ebay and found prices from $15 to around $80. I hope Walmart or Radio Shack has them.

I went to Radio Shack and got one for $42! Regular price is $99. It is a 3 port HDMI switch that is automatic. That is good luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts