HDMI Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
I got a Phillips 50" HD tv. I have a HD DVD player and just ordered a Coolsat 8000HD receiver :)D !) and I have been thinking going HD with Directv.
Problem: How do I hook them up to my HD tv? Is there some kind of switch available to help put the HD items to the tv? :confused:

My TV is two years old and has one HDMI, plus two Component inputs, all of which are hi def.
Newer sets have several HDMI, generally.
So, I use the three inputs I've got . . .

Switching HDMI with an external box is a subject I don't even want to touch on. :rolleyes:

edit: oh, and it has a couple of VGA/DVI connectors I could use from my computer.
Those'll do the def! - :up - Almost forgot 'em. :)

My Directv H20 receiver has HDMI & component HD outputs plus S-video and a couple composite analog outputs. Only output it doesn't have is RF (channel 3 or 4). All of the outputs are active. In fact I feed a RF modulator with the S-video output and have channel 4 going to a nearby bedroom TV.

If your HDTV has any combination of HDMI and component inputs that total 3 you should be OK.

Is your HD DVD a Blueray or the now defunct Toshiba format? or just a upconverting DVD player.

The 8000 will hook up with just the HDMI cable...both visdeo & audio go through it

I have my 8000 hooked up that way to my 42" Panasonic

the Quali is set up on the other HDMI slot but using a DVI cable

if your saying you dont have enough inputs get a audio video receiver, it will give you 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound as well as many ports to use for switching pick a device on your receiver and it pops up on your tv, a little pricey but i recommend the SONY ES series, very good and easy to setup along with every feature you could probably want under the sun, i have Sony STR-da5200es

Great!!! Thank you all for the input. I checked Ebay and found prices from $15 to around $80. I hope Walmart or Radio Shack has them.

I went to Radio Shack and got one for $42! Regular price is $99. It is a 3 port HDMI switch that is automatic. That is good luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)