HDMI splitter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lapescadora1

Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
whittier
how many times can HDMI be split? i have one HD Direct tv reciever, but four hd tvs? thanks in advance for any feed back

Last edited:
When I visit my local K-Mart they supply HD signal to all their TVs on display using powered 8-1 HDMI splitters. Given the number of TVs I would guess that they have the splitters daisy chained.

A google search shows 1x4 hdmi splitters are readily available.
If you live in an area of lighting strikes and power surges they may not be a good choice. I've had 2 fail at our cabin. The second failure the unit's power supply was connected to a battery backup but, at the time, the tv wasn't. During thunderstorms we have short duration of 2 & 3 second power outages. The tv would go off and on until I unplugged it. It's now on a battery backup too. This may have been the reason for the second failure. In any case I don't think the units are very robost in handling anamolies in power flucuations.
I abandon the hdmi splitter and now have the 2nd set connected via the component cables.

Mono price has 4way for less
HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

*AND* if you check out the reviews ... one of them mentions using it with their Dish 922!
For only $86.19 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 1X4 PRO Series Powered HDMI Splitter with 3D support | HDMI Powered & Passive 1 X 4 Splitters

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rating:
smrating_10.gif
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](10 out of 10)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Reviewer: Dave from Fitchburg, WI[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4/5/2011 8:54:54 AM[/FONT]​
none.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Good product, wanted to give some tips[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
ico_comment.gif
[/FONT] Pros: First of all, this works well. Here is my setup:

Dish VIP 922 - splitter
splitter - HP monitor (in kitchen connected w/ 75' monoprice HDMI cable)
splitter - Samsung LCD TV (in bedroom w/50' monoprice HDMI cable)
splitter - Yamaha 7.2 receiver

As only my wife and I watch TV, it didn't make too much sense to spend the money on separate dish receivers. Plus this makes it easy to leave the TV's on and go room to room (while doing chores) and still be able to watch DVR content seamlessly.

Keep in mind that HDMI splitters don't always work. The televisions may not detect the signal if it's split. You may need to use an HDMI switch.

monoprice has 10 footers for 10 bucks. Longer ones arnt much more.
If you want to do the Mail order thing, personally, when I'm working on something, I want to pick it up and have it done the same day.

You won't find them priced like that in your local stores.

Example here, they vary in price from $ 17 to probably over a $ 100 for a 10 ft, depending on brand and where.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Now if you have time to do it a few days later, fine, thats a good way to go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)