HDMI Switch Recommendations?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

auburngadawg

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2006
I bought a HDMI switch from ebay last month and by not reading the ad very closely, bought a switch that does not work with HDDVR's from E*, D* or cable. I really want to use the HDMI port on both my HR20 & DVD player, but my TV only has one HDMI input. Any recommendations before I start buying HDMI switch, after HDMI switch?

Just bought a new receiver in February when other died and it did not have that option. That was before I upgraded my DVD player. Would like to avoid buying yet another receiver, if at all possible.

I got just what you guys are looking for,,, just found it tonite at the Nuforce forum in AudioCircle.com. From (click here) Nuforce, Inc :
HM-31-gallery.gif

The OPPO HM-31 Advanced 3x1 HDMI Switch is able to expand a single HDMI input port on your HDTV to connect up to three HDMI sources, such as DVD, Blu-ray or HD-DVD players, cable or satellite receivers, and gaming consoles.

The OPPO HM-31 is among the very few HDMI switches to pass the official HDMI 1.3 certification test. The certification ensures that the HM-31 is compatible with all HDTV resolutions up to 1080p and PC resolutions up to 1920x1200. Equipped with advanced HDMI 1.3 features such as Deep Color, higher bandwidth and a signal equalizer, the HM-31 is ready to support the latest generation of home theater products.

The HM-31 transmits rich, vibrant images and sound while maintaining the highest in video and audio quality. It is EIA/CEA-861D, DVI 1.0, and HDCP 1.1 compliant and supports DDC and HPD switching to ensure maximum device compatibility. Equipped with a remote control, this switch provides the option of resting on a table-top or mounted on a wall. Custom home theater installers will find the IR input and RS232 remote control convenient options for integration. With the worries of HDMI connectivity problems put behind by the HM-31, it’s now time to enjoy your HD entertainment, whether it’s from your favorite OPPO up-converting DVD player or any other HDMI source.

Specifications:

Standard Compliance: HDMI 1.3, EIA/CEA-861D, DVI 1.0, HDCP 1.1
HDMI Output Port: 1
HDMI Input Ports: 3
Signal Range: Up to 1080p @ 60Hz or 720p/1080i @ 120Hz with 12-bit color depth
Remote Control:
Built-in IR Sensors: 2
External IR Sensor: optional
RS-232C: optional
Power Supply: 5V DC
Power Consumption: 3 Watts (max)
Power Adapter:
Input: ~ 100V – 240V, 50/60Hz AC
Output: 5V DC, 1A max
Operating Temperature: 5°C - 35°C (41°F - 95°F)
Operating Humidity: 15% - 75% No condensation
Dimension: 7-3/8" x 4-1/2" x 1-1/16" (187mm x 116mm x 27mm)
Weight: 9oz or 0.25kg
$99
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

PS, Just thought I'd add that because this is a new product from Nuforce, a maker of high end audiophile digital amps, there's free shipping (in the USA) and no sales tax on this product for the forseeable future!

Robin

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts