HDMI Switch Recommendations?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

auburngadawg

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2006
I bought a HDMI switch from ebay last month and by not reading the ad very closely, bought a switch that does not work with HDDVR's from E*, D* or cable. I really want to use the HDMI port on both my HR20 & DVD player, but my TV only has one HDMI input. Any recommendations before I start buying HDMI switch, after HDMI switch?

Just bought a new receiver in February when other died and it did not have that option. That was before I upgraded my DVD player. Would like to avoid buying yet another receiver, if at all possible.

I got just what you guys are looking for,,, just found it tonite at the Nuforce forum in AudioCircle.com. From (click here) Nuforce, Inc :
HM-31-gallery.gif

The OPPO HM-31 Advanced 3x1 HDMI Switch is able to expand a single HDMI input port on your HDTV to connect up to three HDMI sources, such as DVD, Blu-ray or HD-DVD players, cable or satellite receivers, and gaming consoles.

The OPPO HM-31 is among the very few HDMI switches to pass the official HDMI 1.3 certification test. The certification ensures that the HM-31 is compatible with all HDTV resolutions up to 1080p and PC resolutions up to 1920x1200. Equipped with advanced HDMI 1.3 features such as Deep Color, higher bandwidth and a signal equalizer, the HM-31 is ready to support the latest generation of home theater products.

The HM-31 transmits rich, vibrant images and sound while maintaining the highest in video and audio quality. It is EIA/CEA-861D, DVI 1.0, and HDCP 1.1 compliant and supports DDC and HPD switching to ensure maximum device compatibility. Equipped with a remote control, this switch provides the option of resting on a table-top or mounted on a wall. Custom home theater installers will find the IR input and RS232 remote control convenient options for integration. With the worries of HDMI connectivity problems put behind by the HM-31, it’s now time to enjoy your HD entertainment, whether it’s from your favorite OPPO up-converting DVD player or any other HDMI source.

Specifications:

Standard Compliance: HDMI 1.3, EIA/CEA-861D, DVI 1.0, HDCP 1.1
HDMI Output Port: 1
HDMI Input Ports: 3
Signal Range: Up to 1080p @ 60Hz or 720p/1080i @ 120Hz with 12-bit color depth
Remote Control:
Built-in IR Sensors: 2
External IR Sensor: optional
RS-232C: optional
Power Supply: 5V DC
Power Consumption: 3 Watts (max)
Power Adapter:
Input: ~ 100V – 240V, 50/60Hz AC
Output: 5V DC, 1A max
Operating Temperature: 5°C - 35°C (41°F - 95°F)
Operating Humidity: 15% - 75% No condensation
Dimension: 7-3/8" x 4-1/2" x 1-1/16" (187mm x 116mm x 27mm)
Weight: 9oz or 0.25kg
$99
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

PS, Just thought I'd add that because this is a new product from Nuforce, a maker of high end audiophile digital amps, there's free shipping (in the USA) and no sales tax on this product for the forseeable future!

Robin

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)