HDN 100 News

meordaisy

Original poster
Jul 5, 2004
Tampa, FL
Hey everyone, the HD 100 news looks great, however it is so repetitive that if you watch for 10 minutes for 1 day there is nothing new for several days. Can't they at least take up some time with some trivial news just to keep from repeating so much material? What a waste to have high definition viewing of news with nothing new to report! What do all of you think?
And Sean whats your opinion?

meordaisy said:
Hey everyone, the HD 100 news looks great, however it is so repetitive that if you watch for 10 minutes for 1 day there is nothing new for several days...

Please, this statement is so obviously incorrect. The loop is short, but it is never repeated for several days. C'mon be reasonable.

HDNews does loop but it changes throughout the day, they also change anchors daily I think. Anyhow with 35,000 subs right now, is it worth it to them to invest more money into making sure every world and national event has an HD camera in front of it? Especially since HDNEws is commercial free? WIth CNN News being the biggest news network in probably the world right now, how come they don't have a HD camera or an HD channel? Ah well.. maybe you're complaining to the wrong people.

I don't have a problem with the loop but some of the anchors need to take some pointers from the 8th graders on the junior high news! They mess up names of athletes, talk too fast/slow at times, and are just downright corny. Oh well, as long as the Carrot top clone Voom guy doesn't end up on there doing the weather with his shirt off :no :yikes :what

It is puzzling that they have some good HD clips from sources like the election speeches but then choose to only show a single sound-byte from the speech. It may be a licensing issue but it would be nice if they interrupted the loop every now & then to run a complete speech or a longer segment of sports footage. They did have the entire Democratic convention shot in HD but only a few seconds of it made it to HD News. Meordaisy was not entirely incorrect about repeats running for a few days. Although the news & weather changes daily, I have noticed some of the HD clips being repeated several time in one week. I like the news but fifteen minutes is my limit right now.

Special interest clips are rerun sometimes for a few days, but the headlines change...

Seawaves said:
The bottom line is: this channel is a waste of bandwidth

Not more of a waste than Moov and Channel 999... I am glad there is a HD News channel out there.. I think it should be beefed up is all.

Also, it doesn't look any better than the other channels, it's static so there is not so many changes going on, giving the "apparent" better look. If you look closely in the background, you will see the same noise present on all of Voom's HD channels.

DarrellP said:
Also, it doesn't look any better than the other channels, it's static so there is not so many changes going on, giving the "apparent" better look. If you look closely in the background, you will see the same noise present on all of Voom's HD channels.

I haven't sat down and watched it lately, but it seemed the audio and the visual aspects were considerably better. Especially the RUSH HD commercials. In any case "mosquito noise" especially in static or low movine backgrounds needs to be addressed. SOmetimes it's not noticed as much, other times due to the content I can't take my eyes off it. I won't use component for it either, I have it hooked up and it lessens the noise, but it also softens the image.. damn the conflict!

I was watching First Contact yesterday and in several scenes, not even the background, but "Picards" uniform or shirt or whatever was like SWIMMING, I kept wanting to swat the screen. I only have a 60" viewable screen, so what the hell, that shouldn't happen.

wbuffetta said:
Seawaves Just go away !!!!

Why- if you don't like my opinions hit the ignore button.

When bandwidth is wasted and the PQ on HD is inferior, then there is a problem. If you don't want Voom to improve the PQ- get Dish.

HDnews, Moov and 999 could easily share the same channel.

I don't like MooV (which is VOOM backwards, see it's the backwards channel get rid of it). Channel 999 just runs ads, don't need 'em Voom's PG is good enough IMO, also between all the shows on Voom they run the same ads that are on 999.. it's a waste of B/W pure and simple. Axe 999 completely and distribute the b/w.

I can't agree with you on this Seawaves, taking out HDnews is not a good thing.

Moov should be turned into some sort of Hot Chix HD =channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)