HDNET to become AXS TV; will be available in AT 120 and up

ckhalil18 said:
Unless they show them during the late night/wee morning hours.:D

It would still be censored because the Comedy Central "uncensored" version of "Zack & Miri" had censored nudity. It was shown during late night/early morning hours.

So, since Seacrest is is taking his teenage girl craptastic programming to HDNet, and dish is forcing it on every sub, what will subs of its current package get in compensation for the loss? And, what of HDNet Movies? They show some decent movies at times. I'd assume just a rename, but is Seacrest sinking his fangs into that too?

And, what of HDNet Movies? They show some decent movies at times. I'd assume just a rename, but is Seacrest sinking his fangs into that too?

That's the unanswered question in all of this. HDNet Movies is one of my go-to sources for archiving movies in commercial-free uncut HD quality on my EHD. Would hate to see it go away or become censored and commercial-packed.

Who's Seacrest? Oh, yeh, the Dick Clark wannabe.

Just in terms of influence - not whether it is positive or negative - Seacrest is currently at least as influential on the world of Pop as Dick Clark used to be, and maybe more so.

The difference is that Dick Clark was around during a time of far greater musical creativity, and so the things that he promoted years ago, have more of a lasting impact.

The difference is that Dick Clark was around during a time of far greater musical creativity, and so the things that he promoted years ago, have more of a lasting impact.

And that's an understatement.

Mark Cuban said at Team Summit they he wants the channel to be LIVE 24/7.

I think that going to be hard to do.

He also said he wants it heavily tied to social media. Well here we are Mark. :D

Just in terms of influence - not whether it is positive or negative - Seacrest is currently at least as influential on the world of Pop as Dick Clark used to be, and maybe more so.

And back when musicians actually were musicians.

And back when musicians actually were musicians.
Everybody looks at the past with "rose colored glasses". There just as many, if not more "musicians" that were just singers with songwriting teams and studio musicians behind them as there are today. And most of that music back then was forgetable pop music just like most of today's music is. We're becoming our parents. Soon we'll be telling kids to get off our lawns! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)