HDTVTAX.COM - What next

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am just SO glad I have DishNetwork! They certainly aren't perfect, but Directv is simply an outrage! All that is missing here is the mask & gun or whatever!

da Doug

I Am In Total Disagreement With The Statement On Nohdtax.com. This Is About Eliminating An Hd Tax!!!! Not Eliminating A 99 Dollar Fee For Last Years Sthd Customers. We Are Not Halfway There. If that is all this is about then the site and movements charter needs to be revised. If you are protesting an HD tax then saying that you are halfway there because D* is giving old last years subs a 50 dollar credit simply discredits the entire effort. That point will soon be attacked by D* zealots and possible help the issue die.

I'm starting to think that if D*'s marketing department had a good idea... it would be lonley! If they knew what the hell they were doing, they would have increased the ST base price by a few ($10-$20) and kept the HD tier in place like last year. Everyone would be happy. Use the added HD as a draw for more customers, for crying out loud.

For that matter drop or cut the $10.99 per month we're paying just for the privelege of playing the game. THIS WILL DRAW MORE CUSTOMERS, D*!

Seriously... I am looking for the most HD for the buck, like most of us are. At this point I don't really care if it comes from a cable or a dish. I'm even reading up on BUD and 4DTV options at this point.
The provider who offers HD at lower prices is going to win over a lot of customers. NOT the provider who adds a few channels and jacks the crap out of the prices.

The loyal subs and early adopters out there are no longer the only ones w/ HD televisions anymore... I've seen HD tele's at W*Mart for $500 and up. There is a quickly developing base of HD sets in American Homes and damnit, we didn't buy those things to watch more SD junk, nor did we buy them so that we could keep paying damned nickle and dime charges to our providers.

D*, you keep adding costs, but you also keep lowering HD quality. You haven't added any new HD channels. (UHD doesn't count, they were already there under another name!) You keep promising, and promising... You are starting to sound like some other companies out there.

/cr0mag

This might have been posted before so don't flame me, but why didn't D* offer just a HD only package that you could get without the whole ST package. Now thats something IMHO alot of us HD viewers would have bought. Just a thought.--Raymo

Well with the most recent development, the cost of NFL ST in Canada at 145USD, i just e-mailed DirecTV and told them to bill me the 145USD and make sure I have access to ALL SD & HD games that are not blacked out ... or they can cancel my account and I am moving to Comcrap. So I may be pledging another $661.44 to the cause, because this is certainly a good reason to cancel.

madpoet said:
Because their objective here is to make more money, not less.
Yea, duh I know that but maybe I should have said D* could offer this to those of us who were gonna cancel cause of the HD tax. At least they'd still keep the sub and make money on someone they were gonna loose and create a new package to choose from. Just a thought.

slacker9876 said:
Well with the most recent development, the cost of NFL ST in Canada at 145USD, i just e-mailed DirecTV and told them to bill me the 145USD and make sure I have access to ALL SD & HD games that are not blacked out ... or they can cancel my account and I am moving to Comcrap. So I may be pledging another $661.44 to the cause, because this is certainly a good reason to cancel.

Hang on Slacker... According to current conversion factors, you'd be leaving money on the table...

145.00 CAD Canada Dollars = 117.726 USD United States Dollars ;)

I think $117 is fair... how about you all? :cool:

CPanther95 said:
The $145 is already converted dollars from $179 CDN
Whoops! Didn't catch the part that said $145USD in Canada... Thanks for the wakeup... Now for another cup of coffee.

Either way... Since when is ANYTHING cheaper in Canada? :cool:

FYI, Paul Zimmerman (Dr. Z.) mentioned in his Sports Illustrated email bag the price increase. Sadly he has no idea what the emailer meant by "high def" ;). I sent him the link to the website and suggested he read it.

-MP

Zero Tax

It's really very simple. If you don't like the so-called tax - DON'T BUY IT!

If you want the added value of games in HD, the red-zone channel, the Mix channels and complete games in less than 30 minutes available Sunday night, don't spend the money. Simple.

ScottJayhawk said:
It's really very simple. If you don't like the so-called tax - DON'T BUY IT!

If you want the added value of games in HD, the red-zone channel, the Mix channels and complete games in less than 30 minutes available Sunday night, don't spend the money. Simple.

it's not that simple. I ONLY want the HD games and not the other superfan crap.

Also, I got it for FREE last season. I'm already paying for an HD package AND the ST package.

It is BS for them to suddenly charge for the HD games. The games should be a part of the ST package, not a superfan package, and they know it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)