He Voomed right out of here.

Acerone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2003
Long Island
I got Voom today :) The installer installed the dish/ota antenna and downloaded it and voomed right out of here. It's been downloading for 30mins or so is this normal? He should have stayed until the download was complete and showed me how to use this sucker.

Re: Here Voomed right out of here.

Acerone said:
I got Voom today :) The installer installed the dish/ota antenna and downloaded it and voomed right out of here. It's been downloading for 30mins or so is this normal? He should have stayed until the download was complete and showed me how to use this sucker.

Yeah, let it download. The worse that you can do is stop it. If something goes wrong and the menu does not show up after the download, call VOOM, they know the procedure of how to get it back. I am heading home right now. Take a look at the thread called my installation it should look familiar to you some of the pictures. Good luck... I have to go now...

You can hook up a source to the Svideo/Composite or UHF out to see the download, which is what needed to be done with mine as the first round of waiting it was not actually downloading.

Tim

I called Voom and they said I should have a picture of a dish or something on the box but I don't have anything but lights on the far right moving up.

Acerone said:
Strange though. I cant seem to be able to get a picture through the DVI inputs.

Make sure to do the following:

"VOOM Receiver The Voom receivers outputs 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i. To change the resolution do the following: Behind the cover on the front right is a red button that relates to the four lights beside it. From the top, 1080i,720p, 480p, 480i, and pressing the button till all light is the "auto selection" mode."

Acerone said:
Strange though. I cant seem to be able to get a picture through the DVI inputs.

What are you hooking it up to? Do Component outputs work?

Tim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts