Heavy LNB on Winegard 76cm dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BaldHead

Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
Miami
I've read a few posts of people having problems mounting a heavy LNB like the Invacom Quad on a Winegard 76cm dish. Few people suggested to reinforce the LNB arm somehow. My question is: Did any of you guys managed to succesfully reinforced the arm and what did you do/use to do this?
Pictures would be welcome also.

I don't have a pic at the moment. Anyways, yes, I did reinforce it. Yes, it's not hard to reinforce. Basically there's a blank spot between the area just in front of the bottom of the lnb and the bottom of the arm. I wadded up some electrical tape around a thin piece of wood that I had that had busted off of a part of one of those things you put behind flowers and stuff and more or less just made a filler for that hole to keep the arm more steady.

I then reinforced that with some electrical tape wrapped around the lnb and arm a few times. The heaviness is not as big of an issue as some make it out to be, but it's significant enough that you need to think about it and come up with a solution like I did. It's really pretty easy to reinforce. Just make sure that your lnb is properly skewed before doing reinforcements. On a motor, that's pretty easy since it's just straight up and down. Without a motor, that may be a bit tricker.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts