Help finding Viewsat Xtreme factory loader and bin

Status
Please reply by conversation.

topay

Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
North Carolina USA
Hello.

I recently was given a nice 1 meter dish, with motor, and a Viewsat xtreme FTA box.

I have an older pansat 2500a slaved to my 10 foot bud, and would like to get this set up woking as a stand alone unit.

The person I got it from has installed some hack crap on it, and I'd like to flush this out and get it back to a real FTA unit. I tried to contact Viewsat, but they are out of buisness, and every other site I goto is all about the Hacking part of FTA that I have no intrest in.

If some one out there could send me the factory BIN and the loader, I would be VERY grateful.

Thanks!

You are welcome. There is a cleaner bin in there so flash it first then the factory file. I remembered I had this on my usb drive. Glad it came in handy.

Thanks you very much Pismire,

I'm probably in the same situation of Topay. I downloaded the your file, and don't see any extension, is this a "PMG" file ? If I flash my Viewsat Xtreme with the file will I put that receiver back to factory settings ? I will really appreciate your help guys.

Pismire, thanks, just flash reset one, satellite list is good too.
Quick note: when you using the loader, you need a null modem cable(db9) to connect receiver to PC's serial port, then click open file on pc, click pc to tvb, then turn on the switch at back of tvb, wait for loading and installing on tvb, wait for done on front tvb's display. After it reboots, then you can switch off/plug off.

Found this thread from google and registered a name just say thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)