When they are going to replace the old H2 bird on old slot of 74*w?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
probably not. They moved it to an Eastern Satellite because it wasnt getting used much here in the Western Hemisphere
There are plenty of other satellites that can be used

H2 Brings back memories...Kept a dish parked there after it moved on but was wishful thinking anything would return so I moved a fixed dish to another spot.

I had a Primestar dish at 74 with 2 LNB's (2nd one at 79W)

Sadly both went bye bye from those spots

Yes, and I believe it was the place for ONN (Ohio News Network) too?

yup. That is what we used to hone in on the satellite

Now the geek in me may come out ;) but if I remember right it was at 11741 H 6616 (edit: looked at an old Lyngsat list and it was at 11734...eh close enough) :)

You also found a lot of CNN HD SNG uplinks on that bird as well.

I dont remember New England News on 79W.
I thought it was on a far western bird (C-Band if I recall) and DCII....but that was a couple years ago

New England Cable News in the early 90s was on F2 I believe at 79 degrees on tran 22 23 or 24. I'd have to check my old sat TV weeks. Cband.Mike Adams and Bill Pidto had a sports show at night. Big map with pins. When someone called from satellite is when you got a pin on the map from your location, Quite a few would call in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts